Unison Presents Home Ownership Investment Programs at FinovateFall 2017
Unison to Participate on Digital Lending Panel and Showcase Unison HomeBuyer and Unison HomeOwner Programs in Fintech Demo Showcase
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Unison Home Ownership Investors, the leading provider of home ownership investments, today announced its demo showcase and panel participation at FinovateFall 2017 at the New York Hilton Midtown, Sept. 11-14.
In a Unison survey of 2,018 Americans (full findings to be released on Sept. 19, 2017), 77 percent of respondents agree that buying a home is a good financial decision, but 40 percent said that saving for a down payment is the biggest financial barrier to home ownership. During FinovateFall 2017’s showcase of leading-edge financial technologies, attendees will see firsthand how Unison makes home ownership possible by investing alongside homebuyers, helping them purchase the home they really want, and with existing homeowners, helping them tap into their home equity to finance life expenses without borrowing.
Unison’s home ownership investments address many of today’s major economic and financial issues, including:
- Since bottoming out in the first quarter of 2012, U.S. median home prices have risen 69 percent while average weekly wages have risen just 9 percent, pushing local housing markets into an affordability crunch.
- Declining home ownership rate, especially among first-time buyers and Millennials (over the past 10 years, the rate for Americans 35 and under decreased from 43 percent to 35 percent).
- There is an enormous student debt burden of $1.3 trillion impacting more than 40 million families.
- House-rich cash-poor Baby Boomers are now retiring and would like to age in the home they love. By 2030, the number of Americans 65 and over is expected to increase by over 55 percent and unfunded retiree expenses are expected to total more than $500 billion.
- Scarcity of attractive investments for long-liability inflation-hedging investors with important social mandates like pension funds and endowments (residential real estate accounts for approximately 15 percent of U.S. GDP and comprises approximately 42 percent of the Consumer Price Index).
- Need for private risk capital in the housing markets (only 5 percent of all residential mortgage securitizations in 2016 were non-agency, versus an average of 20 percent non-agency over the past two decades).
WHAT: After undergoing a competitive screening process, Unison was selected to demo the latest development of its platform and present its Unison HomeBuyer and Unison HomeOwner programs.
WHEN: Sept. 11 from 2:50-4:10 p.m. ET
WHAT: As part of the Digital Lending Summit, Unison’s Co-CEO Jim Riccitelli will participate on a panel discussion titled, “Home equity: New tools in the mortgage lending industry.”
WHEN: Sept. 14 from 1:40-2:10 p.m. ET
FinovateFall is a demo-based conference for innovative startups and established companies in the fields of banking and financial technology. Held in New York, the event offers an insight-packed glimpse into the future of money via a fast-paced, intimate, and unique format. FinovateFall is organized by The Finovate Group. For more information on the event or to view videos of previous demos, please visit finovate.com.
About Unison Home Ownership Investors
Unison is the leading provider of home ownership investments, modernizing home financing through long-term partnerships. Unison works with lenders, regulators and institutional investors to integrate home ownership investing into the U.S. housing finance system. Unison HomeBuyer helps purchasers buy the home they want with less debt and risk, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a loan, increases buying power, lowers the monthly payment and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash to eliminate debt, remodel, pay for school, invest or as a cash cushion, without the added debt or payments of a home equity loan or HELOC.
Unison’s platforms have received prestigious recognitions including the FinovateSpring 2017 and Benzinga 2017 Best of Show awards. Headquartered in San Francisco, Unison operates in 13 states and has secured over $300M in total capital. For additional information, visit https://www.unison.com.
Director of Corporate Communications