You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that has felt more punishing than partnering.
Unison is changing this.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” With a home co-investment from Unison, you get cash today in exchange for a share in the appreciation or depreciation of your home. Don't think loan. There's no extra debt, no interest and no monthly payments.
Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment, or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
Unison Home Ownership Investors is seeking an energetic, personable and professional Office Assistant for our office in Downtown San Francisco. We’re looking for an upbeat individual with a sincere desire to help others. This new member of our Unison team will be the face of the office and set the tone for all guests. The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to successfully juggle multiple projects at once. We’re looking for someone who is a true team player, who believes there is no job too big or too small and who is eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced, mission-driven company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Answering and routing phone calls in a knowledgeable and friendly manner
- Maintaining cleanliness of all meeting spaces, reception/waiting areas, and kitchens
- Coordinating meetings and conference calls, including arrangements of logistics, meeting space, communications, and catering
- Receiving, sorting and distributing daily mail/deliveries
- Managing the procurement and inventory of employee kitchen, office supplies, and company swag
- Managing relationships with building maintenance and security
- Assisting in other special projects as needed
What you will bring to the team:
- Professional and approachable presence, energetic and friendly, positive attitude, team-oriented, self-starter with good problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through; perform tasks with high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels within an organization including executives, vendors, customers and partners
- High degree of flexibility in a demanding, fast-paced and frequently changing environment
- Strong service orientation in responding to customer needs
- Ability to exercise judgment in managing confidential or sensitive information
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Previous reception experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.