You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that has felt more punishing than partnering.
Unison is changing this.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” With a home co-investment from Unison, you get cash today in exchange for a share in the appreciation or depreciation of your home. Don't think loan. There's no extra debt, no interest and no monthly payments.
Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment, or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
Full Stack Developer
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be part of a team responsible for architecting and building the Unison Customer Centric Platform. Our team has a wealth of real estate investment experience. You’ll be building out the product capabilities that digitize this knowledge and expertise. In this role, your responsibilities will touch on all stages of the software engineering lifecycle: understanding customer requirements, designing the application, writing/testing/deploying code, and monitoring the system for issues. The ideal candidate is a generalist who enjoys challenge and variety and is familiar with a "Lean Startup" approach to building a business.
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
- Work collaboratively across teams to fulfill product vision in an Agile/Scrum format to plan sprints, expand stories into tasks, and execute with quality and velocity.
- Develop all necessary infrastructure and tools to continuously ship high quality software, ensuring performance, quality, and responsiveness of all web and native mobile apps.
- Implement solutions that are high quality, scalable, cloud-based, secure, and reliable.
- Explore technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Front-end and back-end web development experience
- Understands the need for and how to elegantly achieve system scalability
- Highly proficient using various libraries and frameworks
- Experienced in agile software engineering
- Knowledge/Experience of web and native mobile architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Extensive experience with modern API design concepts.
- Experience with agile practices, quick iterations, and integration of regular feedback.
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.