Software Engineer - Restful Rails APIs
As part of our Engineering team, you will be responsible for building and supporting our product, built with Ruby on Rails, to build Restful APIs. You must be comfortable working in a cross-functional environment, collaborating with product owners, designers, and engineers towards a shared vision. Our team has a wealth of real estate investment experience, and you’d be responsible for building new products and features which impact the way customers interact with Unison. As a growth stage company, we value True Grit and Team Players. This is an opportunity to impact a highly collaborative organization focused on building paired programming methodologies in a CI/CD environment.
Some of what you will work with: Ruby, Rails, Postgres, Elasticsearch, AWS.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Ability to work in a Test Driven Development process
- Ability to learn fast from working closely with others
- Collaborate within the Engineering team, as well as cross-functionally in an Agile/Scrum environment, expand stories into tasks, and execute with quality and velocity
- Create new features within our Rails API, and build out new APIs
- Build and implement scalable, cloud-based, secure, high quality, and reliable software
- Explore and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Results-oriented, pragmatic, and good at negotiating tradeoffs between technical excellence and product excellence
- Experience building Restful resources in a Ruby on Rails framework
- Recent experience working in an AWS environment
- Experience with one of more of the following: Postgres/MySQL/DynamoDB/Incognito
- Working knowledge of Rails Admin and Model
- Passionate about honing your craft and writing high quality software
- Self-starter and collaborative; comfortable working independently as well as pairing or swarming with your team
- You bring expertise, skills, or perspective we could use; you’ll help us make better decisions and build better products
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.