As a member of the Investment Analysis team, Associates are responsible for performing due diligence on potential Unison deals. As a data and technology-driven company, we embrace new tools and seek to value investments in unconventional ways. Our proprietary technology screens investments and provides the investment team with a full-picture, quantitative view of each deal. Associates utilize data analytics and add value by incorporating a fundamental, human element to make investment decisions. As key users of our proprietary tools, Associates are also instrumental in the ongoing refinement and expansion of our technology capabilities.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Investment review - analyze property valuation and partner’s financial profile to make approve/decline decisions on deals.
- Review appraisals to ensure Unison is investing in properties at fair value.
- Review home inspections; identify and document deferred maintenance items.
- Recommend alternative structuring solutions to Portfolio Management.
- Support portfolio research and process improvement projects to help streamline and enhance the investment analysis function.
- Stay up-to-date on financial/technology/real estate industry developments and raise impactful discussions - always thinking “how can this make us better?”
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline, such as finance, economics, or business
- 1+ years of experience in the investment or real estate industry
- Ability to analyze financial information and present a yes/no/maybe thesis
- Flexibility to learn and experiment with new tools and evaluation techniques
- Strong communication skills
- A capacity for fun and light-heartedness
- Curiosity, with a continuous desire to learn and share
- An ownership mentality – no task is too small; no problem is too big
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.