Post Closing Specialist
The primary responsibilities of the Post Closing Specialist are performing a review of all closing documents to ensure adherence to all regulatory, compliance, investor, and internal policies. Other responsibilities include follow-up and tracking of documents and timely delivery of loan documents to investors.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Correspond with closing agents to ensure recordable documents are in fact recorded.
- Coordinate packaging of signed closing docs for Asset Management team.
- Follow up on post-close conditions, if any.
- Provide feedback and direction to management regarding identified trends and errors.
- Send documents to title companies for re-recording to accurately ensure we are established on title in the correct position.
- Assist Acquisitions team during month-end with sending out closing docs to title; set up notary appointments and send out offers (as needed).
- Escalate to management all unresolved issues, where appropriate.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 2+ years of experience, primarily in post-closing/closing/processing
- Preferred experience with Encompass, Salesforce
- Mortgage loan processing, closing, or other mortgage lending experience
- Superior clerical, organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to complete work independently and coordinate within the team
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.