Senior Marketing Data Analyst
We have a growth opportunity for an ambitious Senior Marketing Analyst to build a top-performing Marketing Analytics team, which will be responsible for a wide range of activities from development of insights that crystalize marketing strategy, to the curation of data for quantitative modeling, to building our martech stack and automate processes.
Reporting to the Head of Analytics, the Senior Marketing Analyst will be a player-coach who builds and manages a small team focused on forecasting, attribution modeling, reporting, and ad hoc analysis supporting our performance marketing and brand-building efforts. This is a key role, as our revenue goals will depend on improvements surfaced by your contributions.
If you’re passionate about using data to drive new marketing insights, implementing new tools, and nurturing a team of analysts into the rock stars of tomorrow, then read on!
What’s Great About this Role:
- You’ll get to solve highly analytical problems and have a direct impact on our Growth
- The role is highly cross-functional, which means you get to work with marketing, engineering, sales, business development, and finance
- You’ll serve as an influential sounding board for marketing leadership, and help apply a high level of rigor to decision-making
The Evolution of this Role:
- Initially, we need you to act as an Individual Contributor who will be able to transition into building a team as we ramp up marketing investment and build our martech stack.
- The goal is for this role to work on driving revenue, guiding decision making in campaign and channel optimization, and forward-looking analysis.
- Build, manage, and develop a team of 2-3 analysts who will support all performance marketing and brand channels, from reporting and ad hoc analytics to forecasting and advanced attribution modeling.
- Identify incremental drivers of revenue and acquisition, support marketing strategy and align technology and testing roadmaps.
- Become the subject matter expert on all data related to marketing: manage and support key stakeholders, shape their goals; develop the data strategy and coordinate with sales and other key functions across the company.
- Build and manage reports and dashboards; collaborate with data engineering on automation, instrumentation, infrastructure and ETLs.
- Evaluate and implement new tools and techniques to improve the efficiency of our marketing channels, including opportunities for process automation in areas like direct mail selection, digital ad platform bid-setting, social media platforms, etc.
- Support Marketing A/B test design and tracking to optimize drivers of user acquisition, engagement and reactivation
- Perform ad hoc analytics to generate and support new initiatives
- Evaluate Media Mix forecasts and models; implement MTA model and tools
- You have a BS/MS in Business, Economics, Engineering, Math, Stats, (or equivalent experience) and 4+ years experience in a data-centric business-to-consumer role (e.g. Marketing Analytics, Product Analytics, Customer Data Analytics, Applied Data Science, etc.).
- You have 2+ years of experience managing direct reports in an analytics capacity and believe that your success is predicated on developing their talents.
- You’ve developed marketing campaign forecasts, built or are familiar with lead valuation models and have been involved with implementing martech tools.
- You can speak the lingo with Data Engineering and are familiar with Agile development.
- You’re accustomed to presenting to high-level business stakeholders.
- You’ve got strong SQL, Excel, and knowledge of statistical methods (eg Python or R) and data visualization tools (eg Tableau or Looker). You’re a tool ninja: you have extensive experience across a range of Ad Platforms (Google Adwords, Facebook Business Manager), Web Analytic tools (GA, Heap); Marketing Automation tools (Marketo, Hubspot, Mailchimps etc); and Lead-scoring tools (Madkudu, Optimizely etc).
- You’re intellectually curious, analytically-minded, detail-oriented, eager to learn, willing to get your hands dirty, and excited to have an impact on the company’s bottom line.
Nice to Haves:
- Financial services industry experience
- Hands-on experience managing offline marketing channels --- direct mail, brand/OOH
- Previous start-up experience
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.