You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that fails to address the challenges many people face in today’s home financing market.
Unison is changing this.
At Unison, we are creating an entirely new category that is modernizing the home financing market. Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt and risk, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the added debt or payments of a home equity loan or HELOC and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company.
Senior Data Analyst, Product
In this key role, you will work closely with product and engineering teams to formulate hypotheses, assemble and analyze consumer and product performance data, and deliver deep insights that can help us meet and exceed our business objectives. This is a great opportunity to collaborate with other analytics team members, generate A/B testing ideas with product managers, and work with data engineers to deliver a best in class experience for Unison’s customers and partners (such as real estate agents).
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Identify and define business questions with internal stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Understand the business needs, define KPIs to establish baseline understanding of our product, and measure performance of different drivers of business.
- Design and develop standard dashboards to monitor the trends. Work with and coordinate multiple data sources while integrating advanced data sets into Tableau and other BI tools such as Mode Analytics.
- Perform exploratory data analysis using Unison’s various data assets spanning product and consumer behavior as well as Unison's marketing performance.
- Deliver actionable insights for improving digital experience, and provide data-driven optimization recommendations. Design, implement, and interpret results from A/B and multivariate tests and provide recommendations to senior leaders.
- Collaborate with telemetry and engineering teams to develop detailed product & user tracking requirements, and support data validation and user acceptance tests.
- Conduct data and dashboard quality assurance throughout the design, build, and automation processes.
- Coordinate multiple requests and project activities at any one time to ensure accurate, timely, and efficient reporting and analysis deliverables.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of work experience as an analyst, strategy consulting or in an analytical role partnering with senior leaders
- Advanced proficiency building dashboards that lead to business insights and optimizations required
- Advanced proficiency with SQL, Excel, Tableau
- Knowledge of statistical modeling using Python and/or R preferred
- Knowledge of commonly used digital metrics, analytics concepts and online marketing best practices
- Experience with clickstream data, including web analytics tools such Heap, Google Analytics, or working knowledge of the field of web analytics
- Experience working with other reporting tools such as Domo, Power BI, and Google Data Studio
- Domain expertise in subjects such as experimental design and Multivariate/A-B testing a big plus
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.