Product Design Lead
As the Product Design Lead on the Unison Digital Products team, you’ll take on tough interaction and conversion optimization challenges, working on big new ideas that will transform home ownership. You’ll collaborate with design-oriented engineers, marketing, product managers, and business teams. You’ll delight by crafting and shipping delicious experiences for people in various stages of home ownership.
We are seeking candidates with strong wireframing, prototyping, and UX/UI design skills, as well as business and strategic acumen. At Unison we put our customers first and want to continue building products that our users love and help enable the dream of home-ownership.
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond.
- Create wireframes and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual and interaction design
- Work with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
- Collaborate with engineers to build your amazing designs
- Ship, measure and improve your design based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Brainstorm and iterate with your colleagues to help raise the bar on the whole Unison experience
- Interface with marketing brand, copywriters, and art directors to create brand relevant creative work
- Provide mentorship to Product Designers as our team scales
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Effective prototyping skills
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of mobile and web design patterns (and when to break them)
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.