Real Estate Processor (Transaction Specialist)
The primary responsibility of the Real Estate Processor (Transaction Specialist) is to own a pipeline of Unison transactions from application to funding, while adhering to policy and procedures, providing world-class customer experience, and contributing to innovation at Unison.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Own a pipeline of deals from new application to funded deal.
- Review new applications for completeness and submit to Investment Analysts.
- Gather additional documentation needed to assess a deal according to Unison guidelines.
- Clear conditions received from Investment Analysis.
- Order and review 3rd party vendor reports such as title, appraisal, and home inspection.
- Generate and send accurate offer documents and final closing documents.
- Maintain compliance with Unison product requirements and fees.
- Work with escrow companies to fund deals in a timely manner.
- Coordinate transaction specifics and accuracy with first lien lenders.
- Ensure Unison operational execution meets or exceeds closing timelines.
- Meet monthly goals for deals funded, speed to funding, and pull-through.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 2+ years of work experience
- 1+ years of recent real estate or lending experience required
- The drive and desire to take ownership of the process
- Experience with Salesforce and Microsoft Office or similar required
- Start-up experience is helpful
- Familiarity with Encompass is a bonus
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.