You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that fails to address the challenges many people face in today’s home financing market.
Unison is changing this.
At Unison, we are creating an entirely new category that is modernizing the home financing market. Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt and risk, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the added debt or payments of a home equity loan or HELOC and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company.
Creative Operations and Studio Director
The Creative Operations & Studio Director is a critical role and the key leader for our newly-formed Creative Services team. In this position, you will orchestrate complex teams and projects in a dynamic, fast-moving environment to deliver creative that meets the brief and is on-brand and on-time.
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
- A demonstrated talent for balancing the unique needs of the creative process against an organization’s business requirements and marketing objectives will be key, and a proven knack for creating organization from chaos mandatory.
- You’re an effective and accountable leader and people manager, with well-developed skills in active listening, change management, collaboration, and communication.
- A critical thinker and goal-setter, you get a kick out of solving complex challenges and aligning them with an organization’s culture and mission – all while bringing a sense of humor and creative flair to the way you work.
- Establish processes and operational procedures for newly formed Creative Studio team.
- Lead from “the Brief” and ensure high-impact output from design and advertising to hard-working creative.
- Oversee a team of 6-15 creative professionals including video producers, writers, graphic designers, and product designers.
- Serve as the initial point of contact and ongoing liaison for the Creative Services team with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and project leads to identify project requirements; clearly determine scope of work, budget, specific deliverables, and timelines.
- Supervise and maintain Marketing budgets including both in-house and agency budgets – work alongside marketing management and accounting to ensure budget is on track.
- Accurately track and clearly communicate status, progress, and financials to the project team.
- Build a group of external partners and vendors to supplement, support, and complement the creative services team’s work – e.g., photographers, retouchers, print production houses, etc.
- Manage asset software and PM technologies.
- Ensure awareness of and 100% adherence to Unison’s brand guidelines.
- Serve as escalation step for project-related problem resolution.
- Maintain department status and resource planning activities.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of experience as project manager with at least 5 years in a production and/or traffic manager role in a digital or integrated agency.
- Deep experience in both print and digital production processes a must.
- Degree, qualification, or certification in relevant field acceptable. PMP certification a plus.
- Familiarity with standard software project management methodologies, workflow and tools.
- Knowledge of Agile methods and the Scrum framework.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and production of advertising projects and processes (e.g. direct mail, OOH, web, email, social & print).
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art web technologies, design and user experience best practices.
- Solid understanding of file specifications: resolution, color space, and other technical requirements of assets needed for image production for web, mobile, and email.
- Demonstrated success in providing mentorship and guidance in a project context.
- Agency-side or internal agency experience with a client-service context.
- Ability to gracefully navigate a complex system of stakeholders with disparate objectives and priorities.
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy of 3 weeks plus sick time, paid parental leave program and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.