You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that has felt more punishing than partnering.
Unison is changing this.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” With a home co-investment from Unison, you get cash today in exchange for a share in the appreciation or depreciation of your home. Don't think loan. There's no extra debt, no interest and no monthly payments.
Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment, or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
Head of Analytics
The Analytics team harnesses data to inform and empower the company with insights about how we acquire customers. As the Director of Analytics you will lead a team of 5-7 people in all aspects of the Analytics function, including growing the team of analysts, building out our analytics tool set and delivering strategic insights to the company. You will make a significant impact within our growing organization, as you lead the development and management of our analytics stack. This is a true career opportunity, with your real passion for turning data into a strategic asset and growth driver that scales with the company.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Be the primary analytics partner to the cross-functional leaders responsible for acquiring Unison’s customers (Sales, Marketing, and Digital Product), driving analytics from defining the problem statement, through analysis and findings, to communicating strategic and actionable recommendations.
- Mentor, grow and attract a team of high performing analysts. Provide oversight and analytical thought leadership to ensure that outcomes are robust, actionable and reliable.
- Devise and own “single source of truth” reporting, dashboarding, and visualization
- Represent the Analytics team in key meetings and business reviews with our executive team.
- Develop analytical frameworks, roadmaps, and metrics for the team and broader organization.
- Work closely with FP&A, Strategy, Operations, and Executive teams to to forecast and manage funnel traffic/conversion of customer and marketing channel leads.
- Partner with the Engineering team to identify and integrate third-party data sources and to develop reporting and analytical needs in support of analytics objectives.
- Lead the definition of official data assets associated with key business metrics, ensuring that different groups do not use different results for the same number.
- Deliver ad hoc analyses in support of major business decisions and translate those analyses into actionable recommendations.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of sales, marketing and/or digital product analytics experience or equivalent; 4+ years of experience managing and scaling high growth analytics teams
- Demonstrated people management skills including sourcing, training, developing, and mentoring team members
- Skilled at running cross-functional, service-oriented relationships and communicating with leadership across the organization
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with R and/or Python
- Advanced proficiency with SQL, Excel, Tableau, Salesforce, Marketo, Heap, and attribution tools
- Ability to fluently translate business needs of partners into a technical view for analysts and the Engineering team
- Inspiring leader with a driven, results-focused attitude
- Strong analyst who is attentive to detail and sets a high bar for work produced by the team
- Ability to work in a dynamic, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- Strategic problem solver who simplifies problems to their core elements and finds creative solutions
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.