You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that has felt more punishing than partnering.
Unison is changing this.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” With a home co-investment from Unison, you get cash today in exchange for a share in the appreciation or depreciation of your home. Don't think loan. There's no extra debt, no interest and no monthly payments.
Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment, or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
Senior Software Engineer in Test
We are seeking a 5+ years experienced, independent, self-motivated senior software quality engineer who has the interest in and proven capability to test and build toolsets to certify the quality of web and mobile based products. You will work with multiple stakeholders to define and deliver quality processes and insightful quality metrics. The ideal candidate is an all-around team player who is enthusiastic, has excellent communication and project management skills, thrives under pressure and deadlines, and wants to work, support, and thrive in this key position.
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
- Have experience with creating web feature and product test plans in detail. Execute the test plan and test cases.
- Involve and understand product in depth and breadth to contribute to quality throughout the product life cycle.
- Ability to learn, set up, and use tools for testing, load performance, security, automation tools setup and execution, project management tools.
- Should have experience with API testing, Web site & mobile testing. Experience with Java, NodeJs, Ruby, AWS stack, Databases like SQL for automation & tools development.
- Should have experience and contribute to manual testing of the products as needed.
- Good to have experience working offshore and with other partners for various testing needs.
- Selenium toolset, Salesforce experience is good to have.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- B.S or M.S in computer science
- 5+ years of experience with testing and tools development background
- Testing certification and samples of git hub repo to share will speed things up
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.