Relationship Management Associate (Senior)
Reporting to the Home Partnership Team Manager, the Relationship Management Associate provides exceptional customer service, drives and executes business systems development for a rapidly growing team and portfolio, and conducts portfolio analytics for internal and external stakeholders. You will field inbound communication from homeowner partners through phone or email, responding in a timely and efficient manner to ensure Unison’s customers have a world-class consumer experience from the moment they fund until the moment they exit their agreement.
In addition to serving as the friendly, professional, and enthusiastic voice of Unison, a Relationship Management Associate will also design and manage projects to improve our business processes and better serve our homeowners and investors. Since our approach to managing these relationships is continually improving and evolving, you will be in a position to develop and execute new processes.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Be the first point of contact for our homeowner partners.
- Resolve complex homeowner inquiries related to home equity investments.
- Serve as a liaison between the homeowner and internal groups (compliance, operations, legal, and investment management).
- Deliver information and assistance with the highest level of accuracy, detail, and empathy.
- Assist with the execution of risk management initiatives.
- Develop and implement processes that are efficient and scalable.
- Document all homeowner interactions and assist with maintaining systems of record.
- Highlight opportunities for process improvements and automation of key areas, leading the implementation of those improvements.
- Provide actionable feedback that will help shape how we manage partner relationships.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of relationship management, account management, or customer support desirable
- Excellent customer service acumen, with the ability to balance customer success with investor requirements
- Strong written and spoken communications skills
- An ownership mentality – a self-starter who will take the initiative to make a meaningful impact
- Eager to accept new challenges and tasks
- High level of integrity – someone who can feel comfortable discussing problems and learning from mistakes
- Energetic, with a passion for helping others
- Curious, with a continuous desire to learn
- Knowledge of Salesforce desirable
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.