Security Operations Engineer
As a Security Operations Engineer, you will help ensure Unison’s processes and systems are designed and implemented to the highest modern standards and resilient to modern threats. If you thrive on leading the software assurance for agile development teams to creating and running risk assessments, proactively discovering and addressing security issues, and urgently reacting to new threat scenarios, you will be set up for success in this position.
We’re looking for a Security Operations Engineer to help us elevate our software assurance maturity, manage security tools and vendors, perform risk assessments, and investigate threats. This is an opportunity to work with a small, influential team in which you will be able to help grow a budding security program. Your viewpoints and input will matter.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform security operations activities such as endpoint detection and response, vulnerability management (infrastructure and software), and Threat Hunting second-tier event escalations
- Perform risk assessments
- Create incident response playbooks
- Work with engineering teams to elevate software assurance maturity
- Work with IT team to improve security operations related to people and infrastructure
- Manage various security tools and vendor interaction
What you will bring to the team:
- Knowledge of coding in order to activate upon secure software development practices such as remediating SAST, DAST, and bug bounty findings in concert with development teams
- Experience activating upon secure software development practices such as remediating SAST, DAST, and bug bounty findings
- Experience with CI/CD and change management/approval processes
- SIEM or aggregated log threat hunting experience
- Security incident response investigation experience
- Vulnerability management experience (infrastructure and software)
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Recent Recognition & Press:
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.