You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that has felt more punishing than partnering.
Unison is changing this.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” With a home co-investment from Unison, you get cash today in exchange for a share in the appreciation or depreciation of your home. Don't think loan. There's no extra debt, no interest and no monthly payments.
Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment, or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
Senior Growth Product Manager
We are hiring a Product Manager to drive the strategy for rapidly growing the Unison Customer base. You are passionate about crafting an experience that keeps users active and engaged, and have experience driving initiatives that increase customer acquisition, increase virality, and increase funnel conversion rates. This is an incredible opportunity to shape the product roadmap of the an innovative real estate tech company with a premier team of engineers, designers, and growth marketers.
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
- Shape the growth product strategy and drive alignment across the organization
- Break down the roadmap into detailed requirements that can be executed by engineering
- Build an A/B testing cadence for funnel optimization and viral marketing efforts
- Deeply understand the Unison Customer and real estate ecosystem
- Drive the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve short and long term goals
- Determine KPIs, measuring and communicating results
- Effectively balance focus between running day-to-day and building to the future
- Inspire and motivate a cross functional team of designers, engineers, analysts, salespeople, and marketers towards a unified vision
- Represent the team in communication with cross functional groups, especially with marketing and product stakeholders
- Ensure that our product strategy and roadmaps are aligned with corporate and marketing goals
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years as a product manager for growth, marketing or a marketing technology company
- Strong understanding of growth philosophy, ability to prioritize based on likelihood of growth
- Ability to coordinate with UX, engineering, scrumaster, design, and business resources
- Experience building high-quality responsive web experiences
- A strong understanding of external growth levers including data partnerships, programmatic SEO, and referral.
- A data-driven mindset and ability to make product decisions on quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience with A/B testing using Optimizely or other web tools
- Bonus for experience with marketplace products and/or HR solutions
- Advanced proficiency in clickstream web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Heap, or similar web analytics platform
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.