You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of home ownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that fails to address the challenges many people face in today’s home financing market.
Unison is changing this.
At Unison, we are creating an entirely new category that is modernizing the home financing market. Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt and risk, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the added debt or payments of a home equity loan or HELOC and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company.
Unison is seeking a qualified and motivated FP&A Analyst to help build the financial planning, reporting, and analytic capabilities for our rapidly growing company. No one has done what Unison is doing before and that requires an approach that incorporates wisdom from other industries and experience coupled with a willingness to establish a new order and a new way. This position plays a key role in supporting all departments by providing accurate and timely financial reporting, trend analysis, and calculating KPIs.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Support the annual planning process, including the building and maintenance of revenue and expense forecast models
- Prepare monthly and quarterly variance analyses for senior leaders
- Help advance reporting around key business drivers and metrics through accuracy and transparency
- Implement innovative solutions for systems and processes
- Support senior leaders with long-term strategic planning processes
- Assist in preparation of quarterly investor reporting packages and ad hoc analyses
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, economics, or other related field
- 1+ years of Finance, Accounting, and/or FP&A experience
- Demonstrate intuitive problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills, always striving for insights over arguments
- Able to thrive in a fast moving company with true grit to pursue the long now
- Advanced Excel knowledge and an aptitude for systems and data manipulation required. Host Analytics and Redshift or other query language experience a plus
- Here to win together, as a team, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- CPA/CFA/MBA a plus
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.