You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that has felt more punishing than partnering.
Unison is changing this.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” With a home co-investment from Unison, you get cash today in exchange for a share in the appreciation or depreciation of your home. Don't think loan. There's no extra debt, no interest and no monthly payments.
Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment, or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
Senior Growth Analyst
As a Senior Growth Analyst, you’ll learn our business inside and out, think about it holistically, and utilize your analytical skills to identify and execute on projects that drive growth across the organization. At your disposal will be rich data sources to help you understand our customers -- product data, streaming event data, customer behavior data, Salesforce data, and more -- as well as stakeholders eager to partner with you to improve customer experience and drive growth.
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
- Be a strategic partner to the Growth team in defining our overall growth and business strategy through data.
- Understand the business needs, define KPIs, establish data best practices, provide comprehensive reporting, measure performance, and generate insights.
- Go deep into the business processes and the data to develop hypotheses and conduct analysis to answer business questions.
- Think strategically about how to scale the work that you and the team do - develop tools and automated processes that project the work out to a broader audience.
- Conduct training and mentoring to help people around you improve what they do so that, collectively, we’re better off as a team.
- Work with Engineering, Data Services, and Business Intelligence teams to define an infrastructure that will enable larger analytics capabilities.
- Write requirements on data logging and processes for automated reports.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of professional experiences as an analyst or in an analytical role partnering with senior leaders to translate business questions into analysis projects
- Proven track record of conducting rigorous analyses such as defining experimental frameworks, measuring significance, and using causal inference methods in the absence of control groups
- Experience working with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Expert in SQL; experience with programming languages or statistical analysis tools (i.e. R, Stata, Python) a plus
- Experience with growth marketing analytics - LTV, customer segmentation modeling, multi-touch attribution a big plus
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.