VP of Digital Products
The VP of Digital Products provides leadership of our Unison product organization and will help lead us through our next evolution of growth. You will help drive, develop, and implement the overall product vision while working alongside go-to-market and growth leadership to ensure Unison’s products meet customer needs and hit company targets. The ideal person is a leader with demonstrated experience building products for multiple buyers and segments while leading a portfolio of newly launched and emerging products.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Drive the overall vision and strategy for our technical product organization.
- Take a leadership role in socializing the product vision, working directly with Product Managers as well as Engineering, Sales, Support, & Success leaders to deliver that vision.
- Build a highly strategic product roadmap that will prioritize and serve the demands of a multitude of cross-functional internal stakeholders across Marketing, Growth, Channel, and Partner teams.
- Drive innovation in the product roadmap for market-leading products.
- Craft a deep and up-to-date understanding of Unison’s business strategy, and ensure that the product strategy aligns with and supports it.
- Directly lead, develop, hire, and empower a team of ambitious product managers, equipping them to succeed.
- Serve as a user experience champion, ensuring Unison remains the easiest to use and fastest app in the category.
- Work closely with the Support GMs/go-to-market teams, Growth, and Marketing to plan and execute on key business opportunities. This includes commercial strategy, funnel optimization, sales enablement driving adoption, engagement, and expansion.
- Demonstrate shared services, infrastructure, and operations making the business case and detailing product requirements for teams serving all products.
- Regularly review the strategy and execution for each product area, identify and resolve cross-product and cross-functional issues.
- Manage external agency partners and integrate design and resources.
- Gather, analyze, and translate market and customer behavior into real product requirements.
- Establish key performance indicators that clearly reflect the impact of product efforts.
- Recruit top tier talent.
- Define clear metrics that will define the success of products.
- Thrive talking to our customers in a methodical way, uncovering opportunities to improve the product.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 8+ years experience in product management within high-paced, agile environments; including daily interactions with designers and software developers
- 3+ years leading product managers and development teams with shown ability to hire, mentor, and grow individuals
- Experience with a multitude of platforms desired
- Shown experience building and launching software or services to a large user base while handling internal and external communication Experience marketing messaging around product launches
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and translating market and customer behavior into real product requirements
- Business experience defining pricing and packaging and working with marketing, e-commerce, and sales teams on forecasting and sales optimization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to present and defend your ideas to other key members, including partners and customers
- Proven product leadership and practical development skills
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.