Director of Talent Acquisition
Reporting to the VP of People Operations, the Director of Talent Acquisition will be responsible for brand building, process improvement, infrastructure, and growing the capabilities/efficiencies of the TA team. This role is accountable for talent acquisition strategy, implementation, and service level requirements across the organization. You will partner closely with business leadership, other internal customers, and the talent acquisition team to ensure Unison has the needed talent to meet business objectives.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Manage the Talent Acquisition team by establishing performance expectations, providing ongoing feedback and coaching, ensuring proper staffing levels, and leading by example.
- Build strong partnership and relationship-building characteristics – throughout all levels of the organization.
- Oversee a team that remains on the leading edge, is scalable, culturally consistent, and forward-thinking; foster the sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
- Embrace technology; use tools which can deliver efficiency and highest quality results (reports) to customers.
- Ensure the Talent Acquisition team consistently delivers an exceptional candidate experience.
- Demonstrate success by applying unique, creative thinking with a growth mindset resulting in high impact outcomes.
- Develop best-in-class talent acquisition strategies, methods, referrals, direct sourcing, and social media strategy.
- Contribute to the design and evolution of leading-edge recruiting tools and processes for sourcing, assessment, and onboarding.
- Establish a strong employment brand for Unison, incorporating our 8 values into our recruiting processes, tools, events, and social media strategies.
- Create an exceptional candidate experience that represents our employee experience.
- Scale the talent acquisition team, ensuring we have the right resource allocation and ratio of staffing resources with the business.
- Build robust talent pipelines that tap into targeted universities, companies, regions, and technical communities.
- Live our 8 values daily.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of Talent Acquisition, Recruiting, or related experience; 5+ years of leadership experience
- 3+ years partnering and managing relationships with external executive recruiting firms
- 3+ years experience with Radford Compensation Surveys; ability to provide compensation benchmarking information and guidance using a science (Radford) and art (Unison and current market trends) approach
- Demonstrated success developing and managing recruiting capabilities in-house as well as strategically advancing vendor network partnerships
- Experience with reporting and metrics/analytics as it relates to an Applicant Tracking System (ideally Greenhouse)
- Proven ability to assess, analyze, and communicate company needs, market realities, and talent management implications; collaborate with People Ops and business partners to deliver the desired results
- Comfortable identifying and driving foundational processes/best practices, and training hiring managers to implement them
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Track record of successful relationships with senior-level executives
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.