You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that has felt more punishing than partnering.
Unison is changing this.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” With a home co-investment from Unison, you get cash today in exchange for a share in the appreciation or depreciation of your home. Don't think loan. There's no extra debt, no interest and no monthly payments.
Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment, or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
Technical Recruiter (contract or full time employee)
As a Technical Recruiter, reporting to our Head of Talent, you’ll be responsible for full cycle recruiting for IT, Product, Engineering, and BI. You are someone who obsesses about the candidate experience. You are also incredibly competitive and like to win and challenge yourself daily; to identify exceptional talent and increase the pipeline. You are consistent – your candidates and Hiring Managers experience a high level of engagement that is transparent, and professional. You talk tech, not because you’ve memorized the lingo but because you’re passionate about technology, and that trait sets you apart from other recruiters.
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
- Lead the full-cycle recruiting process for technical hires (sourcing, pre-screening, interviewing, and closing)
- Create robust pipelines by identifying multiple channels through which you can identify exceptional passive and active candidates
- Identify, test, and utilize technical platforms such as HackerRank to streamline hiring process
- Establish relationships with candidates and hiring managers through timely, transparent, professional and consistent communication and follow up
- Partner with our People Ops team to create a seamless transition from candidate to employee
- Demonstrate exceptional sourcing strategies and techniques to attract top talent
- Consistently analyze the recruitment process to offer improvements and changes needed to evaluate and measure success
- Live our 8 values – every day
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of full cycle technical recruiting
- Proven experience in building and managing a strong pipeline
- Successful management of 10+ requisitions simultaneously
- Prior experience identifying and leading initiatives to drive candidate/stakeholder experience
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.