You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that has felt more punishing than partnering.
Unison is changing this.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” With a home co-investment from Unison, you get cash today in exchange for a share in the appreciation or depreciation of your home. Don't think loan. There's no extra debt, no interest and no monthly payments.
Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment, or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
Public Relations & Event Coordinator
As a Public Relations and Event Coordinator, you will be the conductor of Unison’s brand and industry events as we tour the country to share Unison’s story with audiences including home owners, home buyers, real estate professionals, mortgage professionals, and media outlets. In addition to delivering Unison’s presence at consumer and industry events, you will also provide ad hoc support to our Public Relations team. We’re looking for someone who is a true team player, who believes there is no job too big or too small, and who is eager to learn and grow with a fast-paced, mission-driven company.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Enable the Public Relations team to make strategic decisions by tracking and providing data and insights through media monitoring tools like TrendKite, customer relations, and by managing and building our media contact list.
- Partner with internal teams (Channel Marketing, Partner Channel, Finance and Operations) to create and deliver events that are on time, on budget, and on-brand.
- Partner with internal Partner Channel and Social Media teams to publicize events and foster excitement to increase attendance and participation of target audience (realtors, mortgage professionals, home owners, home buyers, etc.).
- Work with Channel Marketing and Regional Managers to ensure follow-up attendee engagement.
- Be the face of Unison and the point-person for all event related logistics; this includes communication with all vendors and on-site contacts.
- Execute all events currently scheduled this year, and strategically research, add, and prioritize events that provide ROI in audience engagement.
- Be a source of product knowledge within 6 months of joining Unison.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Passion for creating amazing experiences that drive brand awareness and engagement – organic engagement of audience and media outlets resulting in shares on social media, by word-of-mouth, and other editorial influences.
- Prior experience in event management (2+ years) in fast paced work environment
- Solutions-oriented thinker with exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to thrive under pressure, adapt to changing priorities, and anticipate needs or potential setbacks
- Love of meeting new people and building relationships; you are approachable, energetic and friendly, with a positive attitude
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.