Director of Business Development, Enterprise
We are seeking a results-driven Director of Business Development, Enterprise to source and execute partnership opportunities that accelerate Unison’s growth. You will establish relationships yielding large-scale revenue opportunities over both the short and long-term that benefit our End Customer, Partner and Unison. You will need to be able to coordinate and collaborate across the organization with leaders on our Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Investment Management teams, playing an integral part in driving Unison’s future growth.
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
As a member of the Business Development team, the Director of Business Development, Enterprise will carry direct responsibility for establishing commercial relationships with key enterprise partners. This includes:
- Source, structure, negotiate, execute, and implement strategic deals that support Unison’s mission to transform and optimize the way people buy and own homes.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify the most impactful potential verticals (e.g. real estate, retail banking, wealth management, etc.) and specific strategic partners.
- Gain a full understanding of a target partner’s business, its goals, and overall organizational structure.
- Clearly define “success” for target partners and communicate in a financially grounded way.
- Establish a standard operating procedure (SOP) for each of the major partner verticals that can later be adopted by junior team members.
- Organize and partner with internal stakeholders including Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Investment Management with clear guidance on the desired outcome for Customer/Partner/Unison.
- Maintain a sharp understanding of industry trends, customer needs, competitive offerings, and marketplace dynamics.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions.
- Track, analyze, influence, and communicate key metrics to build opportunities and experiences that create scale and meaningful ecosystem value.
- Develop and communicate internal/external reporting, analysis, and presentations for Unison Partners.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree (business, economics, finance, or any other analytical discipline)
- 7+ years’ experience in business development, partnership management, corporate strategy, investment banking, management consulting, or a similar role
- 4+ years of demonstrated ability to collaborate with and manage internal stakeholders, including groups such as Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Investment Management
- Mentality of a hunter – an ability to appropriately identify impactful opportunities and pursue them relentlessly to successful outcomes
- Proven record of influencing change across organizations, creating and executing on partnerships, and negotiating deals
- Experience communicating and presenting ideas to C-level external and internal audiences
- Ability to analyze and apply data to business strategy and goals
- Self-starter with ability to bring structure to unstructured challenges, remain organized, and complete work consistently by or before agreed-upon deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to present analysis and results to senior management
- Strong proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- MBA is a plus
- Experience in financial services is a plus
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.