You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that has felt more punishing than partnering.
Unison is changing this.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” With a home co-investment from Unison, you get cash today in exchange for a share in the appreciation or depreciation of your home. Don't think loan. There's no extra debt, no interest and no monthly payments.
Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment, or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
This analyst role will report to the Director of Strategy and Strategy Associate, and will play an integral part in the development and implementation of high priority strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a highly analytical role. The candidate will have a strong strategic orientation, excellent communication skills, and superior analytical skills. You will also need to be a strong collaborator and influencer within all levels of the organization, including executives.
If you love strategic thinking, providing insights on difficult, unstructured challenges, and working with senior leaders in the company to create meaningful change from those insights, this role is for you.
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
- Construct rigorous financial modeling for testing and validation of strategic initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with different teams at Unison focusing on market research, industry trends, opportunity scoping and sourcing, outward-facing narratives, and other key initiatives.
- Create sophisticated research on market, regulatory, and competitive dynamics and identify emerging threats or opportunities for Unison to address.
- Analyze the performance of the company’s business portfolio and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Engage senior executives in the development and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Contribute to and manage internal consulting assignments on a project basis.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2+ years of experience working in consulting, investment banking, strategy at a high-growth startup or related experience
- Strong financial skills and experience building and operating financial models
- Excellent Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strategic mindset - you're comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and a passion for solving ambiguous or complex business issues
- Able to operate in a high-pace environment
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.