You’ve read the news - what used to be the quintessential American dream of homeownership is now nothing more than a pipe dream. Millennials are cash-strapped by a combination of student debt, the ever-rising cost of rent, and stagnant wages. Older Americans who were able to save, buy homes, and raise their families, are faced with high medical expenses and other family emergencies that put their hard-earned equity and actual homes at risk, just when they are closing in on what they thought would be their relaxing retirement years. That life that we all seek – the one centered around owning and enjoying the home we want – is threatened by an antiquated process that has felt more punishing than partnering.
Unison is changing this.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” With a home co-investment from Unison, you get cash today in exchange for a share in the appreciation or depreciation of your home. Don't think loan. There's no extra debt, no interest and no monthly payments.
Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. The larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan, increases buying power, lowers monthly payments and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment, or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage.
In short, Unison is working to ensure that the American dream can once again, become reality.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
Data Analytics Quality Engineer
As the Data Analytics Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for building test plans and tools to test automated data pipelines and ETL processes for the Unison Data Platform. Our team has a wealth of real estate investment experience, and you will be helping to test out the data and infrastructure for our reporting and analysis capabilities that will empower the company to make data-driven decisions. You should enjoy a fast growing, highly dynamic setting, and want to contribute to building out a first-class engineering organization.
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
- Test and automate our robust, scalable data lake and data warehouses.
- Understand customer requirements, data pipelines, and ETL processes.
- Write test plans/test code and monitor/debug the system for issues.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partner teams to align on building our data lake, data warehouses, and data processes.
- Develop tests solutions that are high quality, scalable, cloud-based, secure, and reliable.
- Explore technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged for innovation.
- Partner across our engineers to help define our test engineering practices and processes.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years of hands-on professional software testing and tools/framework development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a data analytics test engineer
- Strong understanding of design approaches and challenges across all components of a data processing stack including storage, data design, deployment, scalability, and monitoring
- Strong SQL and Python scripting programming experience used for data processing jobs
- Successful track record of delivering on projects, both individually and as a team member
- Experience with non-relational as well as relational database system design and development
- Experience building and deploying solutions in a cloud-based environment, preferably AWS
- Knowledge and/or experience with AWS, ElasticSearch, AWS DocumentDB or MongoDB, DynamoDB, Docker, AWS Batch, AWS Step Functions, AWS Data Pipeline, Lambda, SNS, and/or SQS is a strong plus; these are the types of technologies you will be working with on a daily basis
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.