You love all things data. You have a technical architecture background in the analytics space and you have a passion for designing and documenting. You are the key person architecting data pipelines and models. You understand how critical your role is in empowering the company to make the best possible decisions which will allow our Growth Analytics team to move rapidly.
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
- Design and document the non-functional requirements for data pipelines and marketing operations integrations as a member of the Growth Analytics team.
- Evaluate third party tools that are synergistic allowing for rapid development of ETL processes.
- Collaborate with other engineers to help define our engineering practices and processes and with key stakeholders and partner teams to align on data warehouses and processes.
- Explore technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a technical design lead or Data Engineer/Architect role.
- A solid understanding of design approaches and challenges in data processing including storage, data design and processing methods.
- Knowledge of integrating third-party solutions into a data warehouse as well as internally built jobs for processing and moving data.
- Python experience used for data processing. Experience with PySpark is a bonus.
- Experience with SQL and relational database concepts. Redshift experience a plus.
- Experience building and deploying solutions in a Cloud Based environment, preferably AWS.
- Marketing ops experience including conducting analysis of marketing activities and processes.
- Python, Redshift, AWS, EMR, Spark, AWS Batch, AWS Step Functions are technologies you will be working with on a daily basis – and the more experience you have the more successful you’ll be in this role.
- Passion and drive to modernize home financing – so the American dream can once again become reality.
Why join us?
The Unison team draws on a deep and wide range of talent across several disciplines. Visionaries in investment management, product development, and financial technology are joined by innovative real estate and consumer finance experts creating a unique culture.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.