As the General Manager, it’s imperative that you have unparalleled business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish the highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them. You are responsible for managing your product’s P&L, and championing the needs of your product. You have a successful track record of building both systems and teams tied directly to the top and bottom line results of the organization.
This is a role for a strong analytical operator and visionary, who will focus on driving sustainable growth and foster innovation for one of Unison’s core products while simultaneously building, coaching and inspiring high performing teams. You are known for your collaborative style across functional and specialized teams, both internally and externally, including marketing, sales, digital products, and acquisitions.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics
- Motivate and leverage existing and new staff to continually up-level their results
- Maintain a business level roadmap for your product
- Drive Hypothesis testing - prioritize, create testing and track large bets
- Create a plan to go from pilot to full operational ability across the entire company to deliver on financial & customer objectives
- Create and execute against rigorous business plans & budgets that use go-to-market strategy best practices
- Ensure that all product-level P&Ls achieve their financial performance targets
- Discover and design business solutions while working with functional peers to execute against your operational plans
- Create, lead, and manage an organization with high morale
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Grit and willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere...you go from building an excel model to hustling for business
- Strong results orientation and comfort in being held highly accountable
- 8+ years of relevant experience in sales, operations, management consulting, investment banking, or similar
- Experience launching new products, markets, or channels for a high growth company
- Strong analytical ability with practical/applied bent
- Speed and incredible work ethic
- Passion and drive to modernize home financing – so the American dream can once again become reality.
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.