VP of Consumer Marketing
The VP of Consumer Marketing, reporting to the CMO, is a key and highly visible senior role. You will be responsible at the highest levels for driving the groundswell of awareness and brand love for Unison. You will oversee brand strategy and the in-house creative studio.
This role has the ultimate responsibility for:
- Propelling our new brand into the consumer landscape while fostering competitive ownership of the category we created – home co-investing.
- Driving and executing category-defining, integrated brand advertising that connects the Unison brand with our target audiences and is consistent with the vision of our CMO.
- Creation of a highly functional in-house creative team that can flawlessly execute cutting-edge creative that is on time and on budget.
As the perfect candidate, you will have the right combination of ambition, sound judgement, creative ideas, rapid execution, and strategic thinking to infuse Unison’s brand into the marketplace, generating accelerated buzz and measured business impact.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Manage a team of employees and agencies to create breakthrough strategies and creative ideas that thrust Unison into consumer hearts and minds and bring our brand position “Together, You Can” to life.
- Serve as a master of storytelling and an emotional architect who can find the soul of a brand and turn it inside out for all impacted to feel.
- Oversee a team of 10 brand strategists, video producers, writers, art directors/designers, and traffic/production.
- Work closely with the CMO to understand her vision for the brand and help bring that vision to life through breakthrough advertising and marketing that includes video, TV, print, OOH, radio, and upper funnel digital.
- Leverage customer insights to influence brand strategy and executed communications.
- Responsible for the development of regular cadenced marketing plans and growth objectives that can be measured and tracked to business impact.
- Genius brief writing skills characterized by salient insights and creative-inspiring magic!
- Balance strategic development and hands-on executional detail – lean into execution and team management.
- Be an operational and process expert when it comes to the seamless execution of creative work, and lead a team that will be balancing more work than people most of the time.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 12+ years of experience working in consumer marketing
- Agency experience a must have
- Passionate, high-energy, visionary leader, capable of driving results throughout the company
- Committed to developing mission-based brand and values-based culture
- Confident communicator and captivating presenter
- Exercises good judgment
- An entrepreneurial spirit motivated by challenges and complex problems
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, energetic, and optimistic with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships and influence change
- Results-oriented with a high-quality bar and attention to detail
- Has flexibility to adapt within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good judgment; approachable and professional; solid problem-solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks; self-motivated; well-organized
- Authentic and approachable personality that can connect with a diverse range of people
- Relationship-based management style
- Have a glass half full attitude and approach to unifying and growing a positive environment with limited politics
- Understand the value of real-time coaching and feedback
- Natural tendency to assume positive intent and drive collaborative, open, and transparent teams
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.