Marketing Administrative Assistant
As a Marketing Administrative Assistant, you will work directly with Unison’s Chief Marketing Officer to provide full-time administrative support to the CMO. To be successful in this role, you should have a dynamic, energetic, and highly organized personality.
This position is responsible for the management of frequently changing priorities - day-to-day, short-term and long-term marketing planning - which often requires alignment and coordination of a number of Unison team members and external partners.
The Marketing Administrative Assistant will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes. In addition they will be responsible for coordinating and preparing meeting agendas, recording and circulating actions, and associated follow-up.
The strongest candidate will be calm under pressure, proactive, have a can-do attitude and naturally be able to cope with the fluidity of a company in strong growth mode.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Management of CMO’s daily activities and dynamic, fast-moving calendar including multiple stakeholder prioritization
- Generating and updating meeting invitations and arrangement of appropriate meetings logistics
- Tracking and reporting on important deadlines and ensuring that they are met
- Own and steer weekly Marketing Team meeting agenda and meeting coordination
- Marketing specific on-boarding of new team members
- Own budget tracking for multi-million dollar budget including all invoice tracking, budget-to-actuals as well as budget-to-accruals
- Strategic planning and support of coordination for Marketing Team meeting and events
- Support with written communications to the internal team and external groups; including companywide emails
- PowerPoint preparation for quarterly Board meetings as well as other key ad-hoc meetings
- Coordination of travel and expense reports for Marketing department and other departments when needed
- Attend requested meetings, take notes and disseminate notes as requested
- Provide other administrative support as appropriate and as assigned
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 1+ years of experience in a fast-paced administrative position
- Experience dealing with sensitive corporate and personal information
- Upbeat, resilient, can-do attitude with a positive and proactive approach to resolving issues
- Ability to prioritize and handle a multitude of tasks all with fast deadlines
- Able to find ingenious ways to accomplish what is needed to get done
- Grace under pressure and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and follow-up skills
- Ability to be direct and use candor in interactions with others
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Must know PowerPoint and Google Slides, Excel and Google Sheets (simple formulaic programming)
- Must be adept at learning and operating a variety of technologies including Trello, Confluence, Outlook, Canto, and Slack
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Recent Recognition & Press
• 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
• 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
• In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.