VP of Growth
The role of VP of Growth is part data genius, part marketer, part operational whiz, and part sharp shooter salesperson. The role reports to the CRO and will focus on five key areas:
- Be the single source of expertise on direct marketing and lead generation for the company.
- Oversee a team responsible for the execution of direct mail, digital display, paid search, email/CRM, paid affiliate and paid social.
- Drive leads without compromising brand integrity – know the magic nexus of the two and work with the marketing team to help drive brand sentiment inside of direct response.
- Build a continuous test and learn environment across the channel mentioned above but with a constant eye to new lead sources and marketing channels.
- Partner with Business Development Channel and others to execute campaigns designed to activate key partnership assets to drive leads for Unison products.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Establish a reputation as the single source of information for all things direct marketing - both traditional direct and digital - to a myriad of stakeholders from Marketing, Revenue (Sales), Product, Engineering, and Investor Management.
- Compile a baseline-dependable stream of qualified leads into the system using a variety of direct response channels.
- Build and optimize a highly optimized funnel, understanding all points on the funnel and how we can make each point efficient.
- Be a thought leader for data modeling strategies, data storytelling through insights, and data activation throughout the organization.
- Drive deep integration and reach across the aisle to Marketing to ensure integration with brand marketing, PR, and Content/Deep Social experience with survey design and analysis.
- Design a vision for attribution including acting as a key or primary stakeholder for attribution software.
- Designate both outside and inside agency functions and help drive maximum management of agency partners.
- Create compelling, actionable data with dashboards that drive insights and actions.
- Ensure continuous modeling and testing using both internal and appended data to help drive a robust view of our customer through behavior and psychographic data.
- Help drive and create a seamless data experience that integrates GA, attribution, SFDC, Marketo, etc.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 15+ years of direct marketing expertise across traditional and digital
- Agency experience
- Have the years of know-how and confidence to tell stories in numbers and data to world-class economists and financial engineers – and love a good challenge!
- Inspirational leader who can work with Executive team and throughout organization
- Have a “glass half full” attitude and approach to unifying and growing a positive environment with limited politics
- Relationship-based management style
- Understand the value of real-time coaching and feedback
- Natural tendency to assume positive intent and drive collaborative, open, and transparent teams
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.