Sales Operations Manager
The Sales Operations Manager will build a top-performing Sales Operations team, which will be responsible for maximizing revenue growth for our partner channels through the development, implementation, and evaluation of sales and service programs and initiatives.
Reporting to the Head of Analytics and partnering closely with our VP of Partner Channels, the Sales Operations Manager will be a player-coach who builds and manages a small team focused on process improvements in reporting, analytics, forecasting and performance metrics to enable our sales organization and maximize customer satisfaction and retention.
If you’re passionate about using data to drive new sales insights, implementing new tools, and nurturing a team of analysts into the rock stars of tomorrow, then read on!
What’s great about this role:
- You’ll get to solve highly analytical problems and have a direct impact on our partner channels growth
- The role is highly cross-functional, which means you get to work with sales, business development, engineering, marketing, and finance
- You’ll serve as an influential sounding board for sales and partner channels leadership, and help apply a high level of rigor to decision-making
The evolution of this role:
- Initially, we need you to act as an Individual Contributor who will be able to transition into building a team as we ramp up sales operations investment and build our salesforce and reporting capabilities.
- The goal is for this role to work on developing key performance metrics and dashboards that enable the sales team to drive for results.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Build, manage, and develop a team of 1-3 analysts who will support all partner channel sales, from reporting and ad hoc analytics to forecasting and sales programs execution
- Partner with sales leadership to design, develop, and implement an incentive compensation plan that reflects Unison’s philosophy of rewarding performance
- Develop key performance metrics and dashboards that help the sales organization focus on performance drivers
- Perform deal desk tasks: manage internal approval flow, quoting, and order document creation
- Assist in all facets of sales planning: regular updates to quotas, headcount, and sales plan
- Support Marketing with lead flow, lead management, and lead to opportunity tracking
- Become the subject matter expert on all data related to sales and customer/account targeting: manage and support key stakeholders, shape their goals; develop the data strategy and coordinate with sales and other key functions across the company.
- Administer, evaluate and implement new reporting tools and techniques to improve the efficiency of our sales force, including performance measurement, performance forecasting, lead generation to revenue realizes, account development, retention etc.
- Ensure alignment of territories/divisions/regions to maximize sales force effectiveness
- Ensure adherence to established departmental budgetary parameters
- Lead Sales Operations presentations to the sales organization and the executive team
- Develop an environment that ensures all sales teams are aligned with Unison’s goals, objectives, and core values
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- You have a BS/MS in Business, Economics, Engineering, Math, Stats, (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years experience in Sales Operations and Salesforce Administration
- You have a demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
- You conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- You have managed personnel and have contributed toward the development of department strategy
- You’re an experience spokesperson for sales operations programs and initiatives, and a passionate and proactive leader in driving the adoption and value of Unison’s products
- You’re intellectually curious, analytically-minded, detail-oriented, eager to learn, willing to get your hands dirty, and excited to have an impact on the company’s bottom-line
Nice to Haves
- 2+ years experience managing direct reports in an analytics capacity and believe that your success is predicated on developing their talents.
- Financial services industry experience
- Previous start-up experience
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.