VP, Institutional Sales and Marketing
Unison is seeking a VP, Institutional Sales & Marketing (“MD” level position reporting directly to the Chief Operating and Financial Officer) to build our global fund distribution for the largest asset class on earth. The position will lead Unison’s existing fund distribution team members in San Francisco, Toronto, and Scandinavia, and be responsible for driving our expansion into Asia-Pacific, the UK, and other geographies. This VP will develop and execute a global strategy to successfully make the most sophisticated institutional investors in the world our clients.
The role will own the full lifecycle of our most important opportunities – from targeting prospects and first introducing Unison, through to closing mandates. Existing relationships and credibility within the institutional investment community will be crucial to this role. Unison is a quantitative investment manager and the role requires experience successfully marketing complex investment strategies. Additionally, a deep understanding of the portfolio construction, liability-matching, funded ratios and more broadly the needs of endowments, foundations, family offices, and pension plans is essential.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Lead investment capital raising for Unison globally.
- Maintain thought leadership and ensure a high degree of visibility for the largest asset class on earth.
- Develop and execute strategic capital raising plans that encompass all geographies and are fully aligned with Unison’s growth trajectory.
- Spearhead the development of Unison’s relationships and profile throughout the institutional investment community worldwide.
- Work with compliance to ensure all materials and solicitations are fully compliant with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Explore and help execute new vehicle and strategy offerings for different investor types.
- Leverage internal resources, expertise, and team members to maximize the success of capital raising efforts, and stay in alignment with consumer-facing marketing.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 15+ years of experience in institutional sales, investor relations, account management, or business development within investment management and a successful capital-raising track record for complex strategies
- Exceptional network of existing relationships with institutional investors
- A passion for innovative investment strategies
- Strong analytical skills coupled with exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative, egoless attitude that makes one fun, humorous, and a great team player
- Willingness to travel
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.