Learning and Development Manager
In this initial individual contributor role, you will be responsible for building an enduring learning and development culture for our employees. As a vital part of our People Operations team, the Learning and Development Manager reports to the VP of People while building strong relationships with our internal leadership, key employees, and subject matter experts (SMEs). You will design and deliver programs and experiences that develop key capabilities and a dynamic culture across the organization.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Work closely with the VP of People, the People Operations staff, functional leaders, SMEs, and other stakeholders to identify and define Unison’s overall L&D strategy and the anticipated outcomes of each initiative.
- Design and implement engaging onboarding programs for new employees and leaders to learn and understand Unison’s business model and strategy, culture, mission, vision and values, as well as core policies and procedures, allowing them to adapt into their new roles as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
- Partner with People Ops and Senior Management to design and conduct continuous leadership improvement training programs for Unison’s people managers and provide leadership development coaching as required.
- Work with leadership at every level to implement a professional development program, complete with policies and practices, for all Unison employees.
- Create, design, and implement the following supplemental programs:
- Employee lifecycle enhancement skill building, employee satisfaction, and retention;
- Reward and recognition programs
- Sales skills clinics
- Culture building/employee activities
- Safety and compliance
- Internship and community outreach
- Manage, evaluate, and maximize Unison’s existing L&D vendor relationships and programs, tracking use, employee satisfaction, and impact on the organization’s strategic needs.
- Leverage both internal and external resources to effectively create and facilitate content and provide better technology, materials, and experience for the Unison L&D programs.
- Partner with other leaders to execute on our cultural and Diversity & Inclusion priorities and drive learning-related initiatives that make Unison an awesome place for everybody to work.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Organizational Behavior, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years proven experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager, Organizational Development or similar field
- Ability to apply adult learning principles to effectively engage an audience with fun and impactful facilitation
- Superior writing and presentation design and delivery ability, utilizing a variety of mediums
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and best practices
- Ability to measure individual and organizational learning, KPIs, and ROI
- Ability to facilitate engaging training sessions for groups of varied skill levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high emotional intelligence, and executive presence
- Proficient in Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen
- Ability to build rapport, develop, and maintain professional relationships across the business and with vendors
- Professional certification a plus
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.