People Operations Coordinator
We are seeking a motivated and energetic People Operations Coordinator who is excited to meaningfully contribute to a rapidly growing company and People Operations team. Reporting to the People Operations Associate, you will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks and project in partnership with the entire People team as well as our cross-functional stakeholders. The ideal candidate is an all-around utility team player who is enthusiastic, has excellent communication and project management skills, thrive under pressure and deadlines, and wants to work, support, and thrive in this important position.
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
- Employee, contractor, and consultant on-boarding and off-boarding tasks
- Maintaining employee, contractor, and consultant files
- Maintain seating assignments, company org chart, and employee directory
- Assisting the People Operations Manager with payroll
- Processing employee changes, I-9 requirements, background checks, and credit checks
- Participate with the People team on process improvements, documentation, and project rollouts
- Provide level one support directly to employees who have questions
- Perform regular data and system audits, and follow up with employees to ensure that required documents are submitted and filed
- Respond to audit or information requests as necessary
- Assist in working to streamline HR processes and implement HRIS
- Be a brand ambassador
- Other projects as assigned
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a People Operations or similar environment
- Strong Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite skills
- Highly detailed and process oriented; able to handle confidential data with complete discretion
- Self-starter who proactively identifies opportunities to streamline processes and improve data quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.