Are you passionate about real estate? Fascinated by investment management? Interested in FinTech? If your answer is yes to any of the above, then Unison is the place for you!
Unison is uniquely positioned to revolutionize home ownership and real estate investing. For homeowners and homebuyers, Unison Home Ownership Investors offers a smart new way to own homes through equity partnerships – instead of more debt. For investors, Unison Investment Management is creating a brand-new asset class through cutting-edge property valuation and credit decisioning technologies.
As a member of the Investment Analysis team, Associates are responsible for performing due diligence on potential Unison deals.
The Investment Analysis function has a dual mandate of performing investment due diligence and advancing key company projects. In addition to working on day-to-day deals, Associates will also participate in a variety of ongoing projects, including process improvement, investment research, and thought leadership content creation.
As a data and technology-driven company, we embrace new tools and seek to value investments in unconventional ways. Our proprietary technology screens investments and provides the investment team with a full-picture, quantitative view of each deal. Associates utilize data analytics and add value by incorporating a fundamental, human element to make investment decisions. As key users of our proprietary tools, Associates are also instrumental in the ongoing refinement and expansion of our technology capabilities.
- Investment review - analyze property valuation and partner’s financial profile to make approve/decline/restructure decisions on deals
- Provide continuous feedback to help refine Unison’s propriety property and credit decisioning systems
- Participate in portfolio research and process improvement projects to help streamline and enhance investment execution
- Stay up-to-date on financial/technology/real estate industry developments and raise impactful discussions - always thinking “how can this make us better?”
- Review appraisals to ensure Unison is investing in properties at fair value
- Review home inspections; identify and document deferred maintenance items
Required qualifications and skills:
- Interest in the investment or real estate industry
- Ability to analyze financial information and present a yes/no/maybe thesis
- Bachelor’s degree or above in an analytical discipline, such as finance, economics
- Flexibility to learn and experiment with new tools and evaluation techniques
- Pluses: SQL, Python, CFA, CPA investment writing experience
- Strong communication skills
What you will bring to the team
- A capacity for fun and light-heartedness
- Curiosity, with a continuous desire to learn and share
- An ownership mentality – no task is too small; no problem is too big
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.