RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
San Francisco, CA
As a member of the Home Partnership team, the Relationship Management Associate will own the relationship between Unison and our homeowner partners. This includes helping our homeowner partners secure new financing, organize their remodeling projects, analyze their home sales, and explain the nuances of their contractual obligations. On a day to day basis, the Relationship Management Associate works with numerous stakeholders in the Unison ecosystem including homeowner partners, real estate agents, loan officers, title agents, appraisers, and vendors.
In addition to serving as the voice of Unison, the Relationship Management Associate will also be part of developing industry-first asset management practices that deliver value to the world’s largest portfolio of home equity co-investments. Some examples of this include accelerating the adoption of green home technologies, cutting-edge default risk mitigation, and homeowner financial assistance. You will be part of the team that is writing the playbook for home equity co-investment management and shaping the entire industry.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Resolve complex homeowner inquiries related to home equity investments with accuracy, detail, and empathy
- Liaise between the homeowner and internal groups (compliance, operations, legal, and investment management) to maintain education and transparency
- Identify, develop, and execute servicing and asset management processes that are efficient, scalable, and manage risk
- Document all homeowner interactions to maintain system of records that can be used to provide actionable data to help shape how we manage partner relationships
- Manage personal pipeline of servicing and asset management cases
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of relationship management, customer support, account management, asset management, financial services, or mortgage/lending experience desirable
- Excellent customer service acumen, with the ability to balance customer success with investor requirements and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Financial services experience with the ability to integrate quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
- Ownership mentality to take initiative and make meaningful impact and to grow with the company, while being resourceful in handling multiple activities and projects at the same time
- An adaptable learner that experiments to find new solutions, takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, extracts lessons learned from failures and mistakes, and develops quickly when facing new situations.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to partner with others to get work done while balancing the interests of multiple stakeholders.
- High level of integrity and accountability – someone who can feel comfortable discussing problems and learning from mistakes
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.
- 2019 Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 ranked Unison third in the Bay Area and nineteenth overall nationwide on their list of fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.