Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the Company.
Unison is seeking a qualified and motivated FP&A Manager to help build the financial planning, reporting, and analytic capabilities for our rapidly growing company. No one has done what Unison is doing before and that requires an approach that incorporates wisdom from other industries and experience coupled with a willingness to establish a new order and a new way. This position plays a key role in supporting all departments by providing accurate and timely financial reporting, trend analysis, and calculating KPIs.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Drive the annual planning process, including the building and maintenance of revenue and expense forecast models
- Prepare monthly and quarterly variance analyses for senior leaders
- Help advance reporting around key business drivers and metrics through accuracy and transparency
- Implement innovative solutions for systems and processes
- Support senior leaders with short- and long-term strategic planning processes
- Assist in preparation of quarterly investor reporting packages and ad hoc analyses
Requirements to be successful in this role:
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, economics, or other related field
- 5+ years of FP&A experience at a Financial Services or FinTech company
- Experience in building a scalable FP&A function, leveraging technology
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Advanced financial modeling in Excel and experience working with industry-standard systems and tools (Python, SQL, Salesforce, Netsuite, Planful etc) required
- CPA/CFA/MBA a plus
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are a very collaborative team so even though this position is temporarily remote, you should be based in the San Francisco Bay area as post-covid, you will be working in our SF office.
Unison is a San Francisco-based company that is pioneering a smarter, better way to own your home. Until now, the only way to finance a home was by taking on debt. Through the Unison Agreement, we help homeowners access their equity flexibly with no monthly payments or interest. We enhance home affordability, reduce debt, and deliver a less risky way for homeowners, investors, and society to think about their most important asset - the home. For additional information, visit www.unison.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
2019 was a record-breaking year for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the 5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with over 7K customers through our HomeBuyer and HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast500 awards, where we ranked the 3rd fastest growing company in the Bay Area and the 19th across the United States as well as being included in the 2020 Forbes Fintech50.
This couldn't have been accomplished without the contributions of all our team members. Our CEO, Thomas Sponholtz was the recipient of the 2019 HousingWire Vanguard Award as well as Brad Lookabaugh, VP of Portfolio Management and Brodie Gay, VP of Research who were recognized for their innovative work for Unison and the housing industry.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.