As a member of the Home Partnership team, the Senior Relationship Management Associate will oversee some of Unison’s most important transactions. This includes property sales, contract buyouts, complex asset management disputes, and more. You are comfortable with residential real estate transactions and eager to expand your knowledge of home equity co-investing.
On a day to day basis, the Senior Relationship Management Associate works with numerous stakeholders in the Unison ecosystem including homeowner partners, real estate agents, loan officers, title agents, appraisers, and vendors.
The Senior Relationship Management Associate will also be part of developing industry-first asset management practices that deliver value to the world’s largest portfolio of home equity co-investments. Some examples of this include accelerating the adoption of green home technologies, cutting-edge default risk mitigation, and homeowner financial assistance. You will be part of the team that is writing the playbook for home equity co-investment management and shaping the entire industry.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Oversee property sales and contract buyouts to ensure that both our investors and homeowners are protected.
- Resolve complex asset management challenges related to home equity investments with accuracy, detail, and empathy.
- Liaise between the homeowner and internal groups (compliance, operations, legal, and investment management) to maintain education and transparency.
- Identify, develop, and execute servicing and asset management processes that are efficient, scalable, and manage risk.
- Document all homeowner interactions to maintain a system of records that can be used to provide actionable data to help shape how we manage partner relationships.
- Manage personal pipeline of servicing and asset management cases.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of residential real estate, mortgage lending, asset management, financial services or similar experience required.
- Strong collaborative negotiation and conflict resolution skills to handle complicated and sometimes charged interactions with customers and those that represent them.
- Excellent customer service acumen with the ability to balance customer success with investor requirements and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ownership mentality to take initiative and make meaningful impact and to grow with the company, while being resourceful in handling multiple activities and projects at the same time
- An adaptable learner that experiments to find new solutions, takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, extracts lessons learned from failures and mistakes, and develops quickly when facing new situations.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to partner with others to get work done while balancing the interests of multiple stakeholders.
- High level of integrity and accountability – someone who can feel comfortable discussing problems and learning from mistakes.
Unison is a San Francisco-based company that is pioneering a smarter, better way to own your home. Until now, the only way to finance a home was by taking on debt. Through the Unison Agreement, we help homeowners access their equity flexibly with no monthly payments or interest. We enhance home affordability, reduce debt, and deliver a less risky way for homeowners, investors, and society to think about their most important asset - the home. For additional information, visit www.unison.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
2019 was a record-breaking year for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the 5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with over 7K customers through our HomeBuyer and HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast500 awards, where we ranked the 3rd fastest growing company in the Bay Area and the 19th across the United States as well as being included in the 2020 Forbes Fintech50.
This couldn't have been accomplished without the contributions of all our team members. Our CEO, Thomas Sponholtz was the recipient of the 2019 HousingWire Vanguard Award as well as Brad Lookabaugh, VP of Portfolio Management and Brodie Gay, VP of Research who were recognized for their innovative work for Unison and the housing industry.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.