Customer Success Manager
The Customer Success Manager will build a top-performing Customer Success function and will be the advocate for customer success initiatives across the organization. You will help us learn from our customers while improving their experience with Unison.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Consumer Compliance, the Customer Success Manager will be the primary centralized point of contact for all escalated customer issues (complaints) and will use complaint-related data to inform product and service improvements — playing a central role in directing the future of the customer journey.
If you’re passionate about solving problems, collecting and analyzing data to understand customer outcomes, and implementing holistic solutions that improve customer experiences, then this is a great opportunity!
What’s great about this role:
- You’ll get to solve analytical and qualitative problems for our customers and have a direct impact on experience and outcomes
- The role is highly cross-functional, which means you get to work with sales, product, home partnership, legal, and marketing
- You’ll serve as an influential sounding board for product leadership, and a key player in shaping the customer journey
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Serve as the centralized escalation point for customer issues
- Coordinate the investigation, resolution, and response to consumers for complaints that come in through various internal and external channels (Home Partnership, Sales, BBB portal, state agencies etc.)
- Partner with the Senior Manager of Consumer Compliance to identify trends, analyze root causes, and determine scalable solutions to remediate customer pain points
- Monitor social media channels and respond to negative reviews and social media posts
- Understand customer outcomes by communicating with customers, analyze customer health metrics and NPS, and gather other feedback
- Work cross functionally and manage high volume of transactions
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years in a customer success, relationship management, complaint resolution, or similar role with 3+ years building and leading a team or working within a compliance function
- Experience in financial services and consumer regulatory compliance a plus!
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights
- Collaborative, solutions-oriented mentality
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Unison is a San Francisco-based company that is pioneering a smarter, better way to own your home. Until now, the only way to finance a home was by taking on debt. Through the Unison Agreement, we help homeowners access their equity flexibly with no monthly payments or interest. We enhance home affordability, reduce debt, and deliver a less risky way for homeowners, investors, and society to think about their most important asset - the home. For additional information, visit www.unison.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
The last few years have been record breaking for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the $5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with over 8K customers through our HomeBuyer and HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast500 awards two years in a row as well as being included in the most recent Forbes Fintech50.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.