Unison Investment Management delivers efficient and scalable investment opportunities into the largest asset class in the world: owner-occupied residential real estate.
Unison’s vertically integrated investment and financial technology platform has originated over 8,000 investments in residential real estate in the US. We have been investing in real estate and managing funds since 2004 and have exposure to over $5B in owner-occupied residential properties.
The equity in owner-occupied residential real estate represents a $21T asset that is nearly absent from institutional investor’s portfolios. This untapped asset class presents a unique opportunity to develop a new market that is also a core asset. Unison is the leader and pioneer in creating an investable asset from the equity of owner-occupied residential real estate and we are looking for a team member to help broaden the investor base.
There is a strong demand from institutional investors for investments that deliver inflation-hedged, high risk-adjusted returns. Our investment strategy offers that and many other compelling attributes. The combination of investor demand, the Unison asset, and your drive to develop a market for a new asset class provides an opportunity for success.
This sales role is within Unison’s Investment Management business and will be part of the Institutional Sales and Marketing Team, reporting directly to the Global Head of Markets. Your primary focus will be sales and marketing of our funds and separately managed accounts.
You will be responsible for developing relationships with institutional investors, primarily pension funds in the US and Canada, and helping investors develop a holistic portfolio solution, not just selling an asset.
- Raising new investment capital for our funds and separately managed accounts
- Targeting $250mm in new investment capital commitments in year one
- Establishing a dialogue with your current client base, educating them about Unison’s innovative platform and our asset to convert them to an active investor
- Prospecting and developing new institutional relationships
- Creating and maintain new marketing materials for investor presentations
- Attending industry-specific conferences, both virtually and in-person
- Collaborate with Unison’s internal Portfolio Management, Research, Operations, and Compliance Teams
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven track record of successfully selling Alternative Investments to institutional investors in the US and Canada
- An established client list that is focused on Pension Funds and includes Sovereign Wealth Funds, Insurance Companies, Family Offices, Investment Managers, and Consultants
- Familiar with a liability-driven investment strategy
- The ability to market and sell an innovative financial product, convincing investors of the immense relative value of adding the Unison Asset to their portfolio
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google applications, Salesforce CRM and Bloomberg
- MBA/MFE or equivalent work experience required
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Unison Investment Management invests in owner-occupied residential properties in areas of the US that have strong demand for housing with limited supply and strong wage growth. We use proprietary and patent-pending technology to select and manage our investments to produce above-market returns. Unison provides investors efficient, diversified and scalable exposure to the US housing market without the expense or liability of owning physical property. Think Fintech meets Real Estate investing. We are financially backed by world-class institutions such as Citi, RBC, Canadian Pension Funds - OPTrust and HOOPP, Fidelity and Nordea.
The last few years have been record-breaking for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the $5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with almost 8,000 customers through our HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 awards two years in a row, as well as being included in the most recent Forbes Fintech 50 list.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.