Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external. Finally, security and compliance are always on your mind. You pride yourself on knowing that no matter what, our data is secure.
Lead our team in governance, security monitoring, risk management, forensics, and incident response. The position develops and performs information technology risk and security assessments to ensure the protection of company’s technology assets and compliance with applicable laws and industry regulations. Document our security program and work with auditors in the event of an audit.
- Develop, test, and maintain our Information Security program.
- Work with our legal team to ensure our security program is compliant with our regulatory requirements; for regulatory purposes, you will act as the company’s designated chief information security officer.
- Manage and coordinate response teams during security incidents (phishing, DDOS, malware, etc.) through resolution and lessons learned.
- Develop tactical response procedures for security incidents.
- Review alerts and data from systems and respond accordingly, including documentation and escalation.
- Recommend and implement mitigating actions to contain incident related activity.
- Mentor junior staff to advance their skills and knowledge to promote professional growth.
- Participate in product selection, vendor evaluations, and implementation of security technologies.
- Recommend security enhancements to management.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of security plan, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Perform controls testing, document results, and provide detailed updates to leadership.
- Design and develop information security training with HR to be utilized for onboarding and annual training.
- 5 years of experience with cloud-based solutions such as AWS
- 5 years experience working in information security operations
- Experience in a regulated financial services environment
- 10 or more years of experience in an IT related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- BS in CS / EE / CE / SE or equivalent related work experience.
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Unison is a San Francisco-based company that is pioneering a smarter, better way to own your home. Until now, the only way to finance a home was by taking on debt. Through the Unison Agreement, we help homeowners access their equity flexibly with no monthly payments or interest. We enhance home affordability, reduce debt, and deliver a less risky way for homeowners, investors, and society to think about their most important asset - the home. For additional information, visit www.unison.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
2019 was a record-breaking year for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the 5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with over 7K customers through our HomeBuyer and HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast500 awards, where we ranked the 3rd fastest growing company in the Bay Area and the 19th across the United States as well as being included in the 2020 Forbes Fintech50.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.