Are you - Passionate about real estate? Fascinated by investment management? Interested in FinTech? If your answer is yes to any of the above, then Unison is the place for you!
Unison is uniquely positioned to revolutionize home financing and real estate investing. For homeowners, Unison Home Ownership Investors offers a smart new way to own homes through equity partnerships. For investors, Unison Investment Management is creating a brand-new asset class through cutting-edge property valuation and credit decisioning technologies.
As a member of the Portfolio Management team, Investment Underwriters conduct critical due diligence on property valuation and applicants’ credit to ensure the soundness of each Unison investment.
As a data and technology-driven company, we embrace new tools and seek to evaluate investments in innovative ways. Our proprietary technology screens investments and provides underwriters with a full-picture, quantitative view of each deal. Underwriters will leverage data analytics and add value through a fundamental, human approach to problems. As key users of our proprietary tools, Investment Underwriters are also expected to contribute to the ongoing refinement and expansion of our technology capabilities, such as document parsing and automatic income underwriting.
- Income underwriting – calculate applicants’ income and make credit decisions
- Review appraisals to ensure that they comply with Unison’s requirements
- Review home inspections; identify and document deferred maintenance items
- Provide continuous feedback to help refine Unison’s proprietary property/credit decisioning systems as well as underwriting practices and procedures
- Stay up to date on PropTech and FinTech developments and raise impactful discussions - always thinking “how can we make this better?”
- Internal audit – spot check day-to-day deals for consistency; participate in design of automation projects as an advocate for data integrity and guideline compliance
Required qualifications and skills:
- Experience in mortgage or residential/commercial real estate underwriting a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Strong communication skills
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
What you will bring to the team
- A capacity for fun and light-heartedness
- Curiosity, with a continuous desire to learn and share
- An ownership mentality – no task is too small; no problem is too big
Why Join Us?
We offer limitless career potential from Tech, Real Estate, and Investment Management industries. Join us and become an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Unison is a San Francisco-based company that is pioneering a smarter, better way to own your home. Until now, the only way to finance a home was by taking on debt. Through the Unison Agreement, we help homeowners access their equity flexibly with no monthly payments or interest. We enhance home affordability, reduce debt, and deliver a less risky way for homeowners, investors, and society to think about their most important asset - the home. For additional information, visit www.unison.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
The last few years have been record breaking for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the $5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with over 8K customers through our HomeBuyer and HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast500 awards two years in a row as well as being included in the most recent Forbes Fintech50.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.