Reporting to the Director of Investment Operations, this position is responsible for accounting and financial reporting across Unison Investment Management’s investment vehicle entities. As with any high-growth company, the duties associated with this position will be flexible and expand beyond accounting to portfolio analytics, forecasting, data management, and investor relations. This position requires excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, and the ability to independently manage assigned areas of responsibility.
- Act as the first point of contact for all matters pertaining to accounting and financial reporting across all assets under management for Unison Investment Management
- Collaborate with Fund Administrator to ensure the timely and accurate completion of monthly and quarterly fund financials, capital contributions/distribution, and other fund financial activities
- Perform or review calculation of management fees, carried interest, fund performance and other portfolio level fees/balances
- Evaluate and analyze movements in asset valuation, and assist with preparation of materials for Valuation Committee
- Serve as main contact person for external auditors during annual audits
- Work closely with Corporate Finance team to assist with forecasting, Institutional Sales & Marketing team on ad-hoc diligence requests, and Research team on investment valuation
- Ensure internal control activities are appropriately followed and monitored
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures, as well as process improvements for the various business cycles to streamline accounting processes
- Be willing to grow with the company
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of external audit experience. Big 4 audit experience focused on investment management clients a plus
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting
- CPA is preferred but not required
- Great attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to manage multi-project workload within tight deadlines through strong organizational and planning skills
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity with the drive and potential to succeed in a fast-paced, growing work environment with high expectations
- Team-oriented work ethic, strong interpersonal skills; ability to quickly build relationships and work well across teams (Finance, Research, Institutional Sales & Marketing, Legal)
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Unison is a San Francisco-based company that is pioneering a smarter, better way to own your home. Until now, the only way to finance a home was by taking on debt. Through the Unison Agreement, we help homeowners access their equity flexibly with no monthly payments or interest. We enhance home affordability, reduce debt, and deliver a less risky way for homeowners, investors, and society to think about their most important asset - the home. For additional information, visit www.unison.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
The last few years have been record breaking for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the $5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with over 7K customers through our HomeBuyer and HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast500 awards two years in a row as well as being included in the most recent Forbes Fintech50.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.