Unison Investment Management delivers efficient and scalable investment opportunities into the largest asset class in the world: owner-occupied residential real estate.The equity in owner-occupied residential real estate represents a $21T asset that is nearly absent from institutional investor’s portfolios. This untapped asset class presents a unique opportunity to develop a new market that is also a core asset. Unison is the leader and pioneer in this space and our vertically integrated investment and financial technology platform has originated over 8,000 investments in residential real estate in the US. We have been investing in real estate and managing funds since 2004 and have exposure to over $5B in owner-occupied residential properties.
Unison is seeking an Investment Strategist Analyst within our Investment Management business to support our Institutional Sales & Marketing team in all aspects of the deal making process. You will work closely with colleagues throughout the organization to provide analytical support in developing client portfolio solutions with the ultimate goal of helping grow Unison’s assets under management and ensuring client satisfaction with a high level of service.
- Partner with internal stakeholders such as Research, Portfolio Management and Investment Operations to understand Unison’s business and deliver client solutions
- Collaborate on investor-facing research and presentations to support the institutional sales and marketing effort
- Maintain a target list of all industry conferences
- Maintain Institutional Sales and Marketing master client list via Salesforce
- Interact with media outlets to deliver Unison’s messaging
- Help manage relationships with investors such as pension plans, insurance companies, investment managers, family offices, and other institutional investors
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA in a quantitative field or related discipline
- 3+ years work experience relating to portfolio management or capital markets. Additional experience in investment banking, private equity, real estate finance or alternative investments is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, independent self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Experience with SalesForce or similar CRM tools strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with extensive experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Salesforce, Bloomberg, and Google Docs/Sheets/Slides preferred
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Unison Investment Management invests in owner-occupied residential properties in areas of the US that have strong demand for housing with limited supply and strong wage growth. We use proprietary and patent-pending technology to select and manage our investments to produce above-market returns. Unison provides investors efficient, diversified and scalable exposure to the US housing market without the expense or liability of owning physical property. Think Fintech meets Real Estate investing. We are financially backed by world-class institutions such as Citi, RBC, Canadian Pension Funds - OPTrust and HOOPP, Fidelity and Nordea.
The last few years have been record-breaking for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the $5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with almost 8,000 customers through our HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 awards two years in a row, as well as being included in the most recent Forbes Fintech 50 list.
For additional information, visit www.unisonim.com, www.unison.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.