Unison’s mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external.
About The Position
Unison is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A and Treasury who loves learning and is eager to both exercise their data modeling skills to support business team operations, as well as expand their skill set to manage Treasury operations. This position reports directly to our VP of Finance, and partners closely with our FP&A Manager. As with any high growth company, the duties associated with this position are fluid and can expand beyond daily cash management and the monthly financial reporting to budgeting, forecasting, compliance reporting and maintaining other financial models.
As the Senior Financial Analyst at Unison, you pride yourself on your attention to detail, love exercising analytic skills, and revel at the opportunity to independently manage assigned areas of responsibility. That being said, on a small team, communication and collaboration is key and we’re looking for a team player who we can partner with and also support in their career growth.
- Monthly Financial Reporting - preparation of monthly variance analysis and other supporting schedules
- Updating revenue and CAC models for inclusion in investor dashboard
- Assisting with annual budget and quarterly forecasting process
- Assisting with preparation of quarterly board package and other stakeholder reporting
- Support the CFO and VP of Strategy by providing ad-hoc analysis
- Work closely with Portfolio Accounting team to ensure the accuracy of fund data used in corporate models and projections
Treasury (Experience in Treasury is not required as we will provide training - we’re seeking a reliable analyst with strong attention to detail who can execute tasks with little to no error.)
- Daily cash management including transfer of funds to various title companies
- Weekly cash reporting
- Act as first point of contact for bank account management
- Managing corporate credit card program
- Monthly lender compliance reporting
- Manage asset verification process in conjunction with Portfolio Accounting team
- Assist with updating policies and procedures
- Assist with automation projects
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 8+ years of Finance, Accounting, Treasury and/or FP&A experience
- Demonstrated intuitive problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Advanced financial modeling in Excel and an aptitude for systems and data manipulation
- Host Analytics (Planful), Adaptive Insights, or other reporting tool experience is a plus
- Python and/or SQL experience is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast moving company through True Grit and adaptability
- Here to win together, as a team, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Unison is a San Francisco-based company that is pioneering a smarter, better way to own your home. Until now, the only way to finance a home was by taking on debt. Through the Unison Agreement, we help homeowners access their equity flexibly with no monthly payments or interest. We enhance home affordability, reduce debt, and deliver a less risky way for homeowners, investors, and society to think about their most important asset - the home. For additional information, visit www.unison.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
2019 was a record-breaking year for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the 5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with over 7K customers through our HomeBuyer and HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast500 awards, where we ranked the 3rd fastest growing company in the Bay Area and the 19th across the United States as well as being included in the 2020 Forbes Fintech50.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.