Are you passionate about real estate? Fascinated by investment management? Interested in FinTech? If your answer is yes to any of the above, then Unison is the place for you!
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You are a motivated self-starter that is driven by production and numbers, providing a unique balance of focus on quantity as well as quality. You enjoy collaborating across teams and possess an eagerness to contribute to the overall success of the company. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for others, whether that person is internal or external. The idea of joining a data and technology-driven company excites you and you embrace new tools while actively seeking innovative ways to better process and procedures.
As a member of the Acquisitions team under the Investment Management umbrella, you will be responsible for the integrity of information during acquisition and through to post-close. The analyst must assess how information is collected and from what source, who interacts with the information throughout our origination process, and conduct critical pre- and post-deal review to ensure our investment decisions are executed as intended and documented properly.
- Master the information flow process - from the intake in sales to the hand off to Asset Management
- Initiate process improvement projects to help streamline and enhance investment execution
- Identify internal control weaknesses and inventory validation needs
- Sample challenge investment thesis, including approval/decline decisions, payoff stipulations,etc.
- Develop framework for testing the strength of our system and the various agents that work within the system
- Lead development of a systematic self-audit solution in addition to manual routine testing protocols
- Establish and produce feedback reporting for stakeholders within the process
- Provide interim data-validation support for transient system deficiencies
- Internal audit: spot check day-to-day deals for consistency
- Participate in design of automation projects as an advocate for data integrity and guideline compliance
Required qualifications and skills:
- Experience in auditing and/or mortgage quality control
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to steward a new function into prominence within an organization
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Business, Accounting or related subject
- CPA, CIA, or progression towards credentials a plus
- Strong communication skills
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
What you will bring to the team
- A capacity for fun and light-heartedness
- Curiosity, with a continuous desire to learn and share
- An ownership mentality – no task is too small; no problem is too big
Unison is a San Francisco-based company that is pioneering a smarter, better way to own your home. Until now, the only way to finance a home was by taking on debt. Through the Unison Agreement, we help homeowners access their equity flexibly with no monthly payments or interest. We enhance home affordability, reduce debt, and deliver a less risky way for homeowners, investors, and society to think about their most important asset - the home. For additional information, visit www.unison.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
2019 was a record-breaking year for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the 5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with over 7K customers through our HomeBuyer and HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast500 awards, where we ranked the 3rd fastest growing company in the Bay Area and the 19th across the United States as well as being included in the 2020 Forbes Fintech50.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.