Unison is seeking a Vice President of Marketing to help us achieve our mission of Optimizing Homeownership and help us deliver on our ambitious growth and performance marketing goals. This role will be a part of our Senior Leadership Team and will drive strategy, set priorities, and build a world-class team to successfully reach both our consumer and institutional investor customers. You will report to the President and collaborate extensively with executive leadership as well as sales, product, strategy, and client support teams to align our marketing strategy with our business strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a digital native who is passionate about reaching our target audiences and optimizing conversion. You are a master at simplifying complex topics; taking a colloquial approach to communicating and inspiring consumer and institutional stakeholders to partner with Unison. You have a proven track record of building and managing high performing teams that span across all verticals of Marketing.
- Supporting our consumer, business development, and investment management marketing efforts, specifically:
- Translate hyper-growth revenue and customer acquisition targets into an actionable marketing strategy, with an emphasis on core marketing KPIs, channel strategy, budget, scalable cost of acquisition (“CAC”), organizational design and the addition of digitally-savvy talent to the team.
- Develop our overall channel strategy and budget for acquiring consumer homeowners and optimizing our existing channels, including paid search and direct mail, while significantly advancing our digital channels to create an integrated, high-performing marketing engine.
- Partner with our business development team to increase customer acquisition and support their sales efforts targeting strategic relationships with insurance companies, financial advisors, and technology partners.
- Support partner acquisition and conversion efforts by developing targeted and on-brand marketing materials, such as content-rich email campaigns, collateral and bespoke partner landing pages.
- Work with internal teams and agencies to create a PR and content marketing strategy to reach target institutional investors such as pension funds, endowments, and sovereign wealth funds.
- Create and distribute content marketing and PR activities to educate and attract fund investors through mediums such as thought leadership, fundraising press releases, and portfolio performance reports.
- Develop and articulate our brand story through all stakeholder touchpoints and be responsible for digital acquisition – beginning with targeting, to lead generation, to acquisition and conversion.
- Build out digital campaigns by driving best-in-class processes, programs, and results:
- Digital Mktg – Segmentation, SEO, SEM, Display, Retargeting, Web, Video, Paid Social, Mobile/SMS
- Acquisition – Digital acquisition (lead gen/lead nurture) across B2B, B2C, B2B2C
- Brand and Comms – Narrative, messaging pillars, identity, sentiment, public relations/media relations
- Mar Tech – Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Marketing Hub, Pardot, Google Analytics
- Build out our capability to measure, allocate resources, and adjust investment based on performance of each channel and our strategic goals and revenue targets.
- Build a team of internal and external resources leading our PR, Content, Digital, Design, and Marketing Analytics functions and play a leading role in enhancing our PR investments and results.
- Create trust and educate our target audiences on Unison’s unique value proposition.
- Provide data-driven, analytically rigorous insights to test different channels and determine which additional channels to pursue, such as paid social and television.
- Implement, manage, and improve KPIs across all channels to meet quarterly acquisition targets while maintaining CAC.
- Work with other departments to measure and improve the customer experience based on customer survey data and other quantitative and qualitative data.
- Providing leadership around best-in-class marketing practices to all marketing professionals in your team – inspiring, motivating, and coaching.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of marketing experience developing and executing on strategies for brand, social, content, PR, and product marketing. Consumer finance and/or residential real estate experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in omnichannel acquisition/performance-based marketing
- Martech experience in building performance-driven stacks for integrated digital campaigns
- Excellent analytical skills with proven experience using data to drive results and optimize marketing programs
- A strong collaborator who works well in fast-paced, team environments
- Passionate, high-energy, visionary leader, capable of driving results
- Effective manager of internal and external talent, setting clear direction and empowering team members in ways that result in overachievement of expectations
- Consumer-mindset and insights-driven approach to measuring success
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Unison is a San Francisco-based company that is pioneering a smarter, better way to own your home. Until now, the only way to finance a home was by taking on debt. Through the Unison Agreement, we help homeowners access their equity flexibly with no monthly payments or interest. We enhance home affordability, reduce debt, and deliver a less risky way for homeowners, investors, and society to think about their most important asset - the home. For additional information, visit www.unison.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
The last few years have been record breaking for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the $5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with over 7K customers through our HomeBuyer and HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast500 awards two years in a row as well as being included in the most recent Forbes Fintech50.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.