Are you passionate about real estate? Fascinated by investment management? Interested in FinTech? If your answer is yes to any of the above, then Unison is the place for you!
Our mission of optimizing home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy building and leading teams, turning strategy into execution, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
The Vice President of Engineering will oversee Unison’s next chapter of growth as we prepare to enter a hyper-growth phase. The ideal candidate will have experience and be excited about scaling our Engineering team and functions to ensure a world class experience to our consumer, investor, and partnership customers. Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Engineering will manage and cultivate a multi-discipline team of high-performing engineers and will provide leadership throughout the organization.
- Execute our strategic vision as it relates to technology, including setting and executing against organizational goals, operational strategy, and hiring needs
- Translate technology strategy into actionable goals for performance and ways to measure team productivity to assure organizational outcomes are met
- Lead our current team of amazing Engineers and contractors while building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive
- Work closely with our Principal Enterprise Architect to design and implement our technology roadmap
- Partner with the Product and Growth teams to ensure effective cross-functional decision-making, staffing, and execution of projects and initiatives to meet business needs
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience building and managing high-performing engineering teams in a fast-paced agile environment across multiple domains
- Roll up your sleeves approach to managing a team and willingness to dive in to help get the job done
- Expert in React, Node.js, Agile/Scrum, Jira, AWS, and GitHub
- Ability to plan for and execute against technology roadmap
- Demonstrated ability to attract top leadership and technical talent
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, and experience working with staff on all levels
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Unison is a San Francisco-based company that is pioneering a smarter, better way to own your home. Until now, the only way to finance a home was by taking on debt. Through the Unison Agreement, we help homeowners access their equity flexibly with no monthly payments or interest. We enhance home affordability, reduce debt, and deliver a less risky way for homeowners, investors, and society to think about their most important asset - the home. For additional information, visit www.unison.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
The last few years have been record breaking for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the $5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with over 7K customers through our HomeBuyer and HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast500 awards two years in a row as well as being included in the most recent Forbes Fintech50.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.