How Do Home Improvement Loans Work?

Kali Hawlk Home Equity, Home Ownership

How Do Home Improvement Loans Work

Being a homeowner comes with a never-ending list of ways you wish you could improve your “home sweet home.” But upgrades and updates get expensive, and you already have a lot of demands on your budget. With a limited amount of money — or at least, with a lot of competing financial priorities — most homeowners don’t have the cash …

Will the Millennial Generation Embrace Homeownership?

Kali Hawlk Home Buying

Will the Millennial Generation Embrace Homeownership

A lack of homeownership among the Millennial generation may lead some to believe people born in 1980 or after simply don’t want to burden themselves with a real estate purchase. And there are other reasons to think that’s the case: millennials got a front-row seat to the disaster of the Great Recession, which was largely sparked by the collapse of …

Can You Buy a Home with Less than 20% Down?

Kali Hawlk Home Buying

Can You Buy a Home With Less Than 20 Percent Down

Preparing to buy a home? You’ve likely heard that you first need to save 20% of a home’s purchase price in cash. That money is your down payment, or the cash you put toward buying the home. The remaining 80% of the home’s price comes from the mortgage you take out with a lender. The lender underwrites the loan, you …

Real Estate Fintech Firm Unison Announces 2018 Expansion Plans

Michael Micheletti News

On Monday, home ownership investment platform Unison announced 2018 expansion plans. As previously reported, Unison has created a new option for homeownership beyond the traditional mortgage route. By becoming a co-investor in the house, Unison is shouldering the risk side-by-side with the owner. They are betting that housing will continue to outpace inflation representing a solid return for big investors in need of long-term investments. …

Unison Experiences Monumental Growth and Announces 2018 Expansion Plans

Michael Micheletti News

Unison Home Ownership Investors, the leading provider of home ownership investments, today announced multiple promotions and additions to its management team and substantial 2018 expansion plans in response to extraordinary growth in transaction volume and other successes during the first ten months of 2017. In 2017, Unison expanded into five additional states including Illinois, New York, Arizona, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, bringing its total footprint to …

Paying for Retirement and Health Care Costs With Home Equity

Kali Hawlk Home Equity

Paying for Retirement and Health Care Costs with Home Equity

Concerned about the health of your retirement nest egg? Even if you’ve managed to save a significant sum for your years after work, it might not be enough to cover the expenses today’s retirees face. The cost of health care alone is a huge sum of money, with some financial experts predicting that couples retiring today can expect to pay …

10 startups to watch in 2018

Michael Micheletti News

How to Maintain a Good Debt to Income Ratio

A startup is a unique type of company, designed to disrupt, grow and ultimately achieve industry dominance via their unique ability to solve a specific problem. Startups generally receive funding in several rounds from angel investors, venture capitalists and, in many cases, an initial public offering or IPO. In contrast with traditional lending institutions, which expect to be paid back with interest, …

5 Uncommon Tips For Buying Your Dream Home

Michael Micheletti News

How to Decode Your Credit Report

Your dream home is out there, but how will you get it when you find it? There are many secrets and tricks-of-the-trade that can help you lock down the home of your dreams, like writing the owners a love letter or offering to pay in cash. In a crowded buyers’ market, however, you may need to take it a step …

How Much Interest Will I Pay on My Mortgage?

Kali Hawlk Home Buying

How Much Interest Will I Pay On My Mortgage

In determining the price of a home, many people only consider the listing price of a home, without considering the cost of interest on a loan used to finance the home. The truth is that you will probably pay a significant amount of interest over the life of your mortgage — but that’s okay. You simply need to be prepared …

2017 Is a Record Year at Unison

Benjamin Feldman Unison

unison_2017

At Unison, what drives us everyday is our goal of bringing a new model of home finance to millions of Americans. We’re proud that we’ve expanded access to homeownership for our customers — and we’re just getting started. As a company, we’ve been working hard behind the scenes to continue growing quickly in 2017 and to make it even easier …