The following official rules (“Official Rules”) govern the Unison’s Holidays Wish List 2023 sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sponsorship. The sponsor is Real Estate Equity Exchange, Inc. d/b/a Unison, 650 California Street, Suite 1800, San Francisco, CA 94108 (“Sponsor”). Sponsor will conduct the Sweepstakes substantially as described in these Official Rules.
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States of America who complete the entry requirements set forth below in paragraph 5 (How to Enter). Entrants must be 18 years or older as of their date of entry in order to qualify. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. Sponsor’s employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”), as well as members of an Employees' immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- Agreement to the Official Rules. By entering this Sweepstakes, the entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor's Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this Sweepstakes, You represent and warrant that You are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of the Sweepstakes.
- Entry Periods. To be eligible for the Sweepstakes, entries must be received between 12:01 a.m. Central Time, November 16, 2023 and 11:59 p.m. Central Time, November 30, 2023 (“Entry Period”).
- How to Enter. There are two ways to enter:
First, eligible entrants can enter the Sweepstakes by responding to and completing the survey questions sent by Unison on November 16, 2023 (and re-sent on November 30, 2023). Upon receipt of the survey invitation, eligible entrants will need to open the link and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the full survey, including clicking on the “Submit” button to record the survey responses. Although Unison will send out the survey invitation twice on November 16, 2023 and again on November 30, 2023, eligible entrants need only fill out the survey once, and regardless only one entry may be submitted. The survey must be completed during the Entry Period.
Second, eligible entrants can enter the Sweepstakes by emailing [email protected] with the subject line “Holidays Wish List Sweepstakes.”
Regardless of the method of entry, entries must be submitted within the designated Entry Period. Regardless of the method of entry, eligible entrants may submit only one entry during the Entry Period. Winner(s) will be selected and notified as stated below in paragraph 8 (Selection and Notification of Winner(s)). Fraudulent methods of entry or circumvention of the rules may result in the Sponsor invalidating entrant’s entries and removing entrant from the Sweepstakes at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries must fully meet all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor's sole discretion.
- Prizes. The following prizes will be awarded to winner(s) of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner(s)”): one (1) prepaid gift card in the amount of Five Hundred Dollars ($500) and one (1) Bear Creek® Gift Box, approximate retail value of ninety dollars ($90) (together, the “Grand Prize”); and five (5) prepaid gift cards in the amount of Two Hundred Dollars ($200) (“First Prizes”). The actual/appraised prize value may differ at the time the prize is awarded. The prize(s) shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Odds. The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Selection and Notification of Winner(s). The Winner(s) of the Grand Prize and the First Prizes will be selected at random. The drawing from among eligible entries will take place on December 18, 2023 at 3:00 p.m. Central Time. Winner(s) will be notified by email. Winner(s) must acknowledge receipt of notification and acceptance of the prize as directed by Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. Winner(s) may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release form (except where prohibited by law) (collectively, "the Prize Claim Documents") which must be returned as directed by Sponsor within the timeframe given. Awarding of a prize is subject to verification of a potential Winner’s eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to email security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email. Nor shall Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to respond to the notification message within 48 hours of the notice, 2) is found ineligible, or 3) does not complete and return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified timeframe, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected at random. Receipt of the prize (offered in the Sweepstakes) by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You. By submitting an entry (e.g., photo, video, email, etc.) into the Sweepstakes, where permitted by law, You hereby irrevocably and in perpetuity grant to Sponsor, and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, the unrestricted, absolute, perpetual, worldwide right and license to use Your name, address, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical and personal information, statements, Sweepstakes application, and any photograph, film, video, audio recording or other recording taken of You or such materials (collectively, “Content”), and all in connection with marketing purposes including without limitation the promotion of the Sweepstakes and other sweepstakes and contests or the provision of publicly available Winners lists (“Promotion”), and to reproduce, copy, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform, exhibit, distribute, transmit or broadcast, publicly or otherwise, or otherwise use and permit to be used, the Content or any part thereof, whether alone or in combination with other materials (including but not limited to text, data, images, photographs, illustrations, and graphics, video or audio segments of any nature), in any media whatsoever in connection with the Promotion, and all the foregoing without any compensation, royalties, remuneration or consideration to You or any third party, and You hereby waive all claims to compensation, royalties, remuneration, consideration, notice or permission in connection therewith.
- Terms & Conditions. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Entrants who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or violate these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user; multiple entries from the same computer beyond the number allowed by the Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability. Your entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes Your agreement, on behalf of Yourself, Your heirs, executors and administrators, to release, forever discharge, and hold harmless the Sponsor and any other party associated with the development or administration of the Sweepstakes, and their respective parent, subsidiary, or affiliated entities, and their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities''), from and against any and all liability for any and all indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, costs, expenses, claims (including without limitation third party claims), injuries or losses (“Damages”) arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, the Sweepstakes, including without limitation in connection with applications and the prize, including without limitation in connection with: (a) technical, printing, typographical, human or other errors, (b) applications or data being lost, corrupt, misdirected, stolen, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, mutilated or illegible, (c) hardware, software, browser, computer, server, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, delay, error, or incompatibility, or (d) any application not being accepted on account of any of the foregoing. You agree that in all cases the Sweepstakes Entities’ maximum aggregate liability shall be limited to Your direct costs of entering and participating in the sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for any attorneys fees.
- Disputes. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. You agree, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between You and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this Sweepstakes, they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List. You may obtain a copy of the Winner’s name(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, by sending your request via email to [email protected].
- Social Media Rules. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media platform. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not Facebook or Instagram.
By entering the Sweepstakes, You (the entrant), have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.